Oil & Fuel ford 4000 injector pump

/ ford 4000 injector pump #1  

JRA29

I have a 1970 ford 4000 diesel. It wouldnt crank so i changed fuel filters and notices the wrong filter was attached, after getting the right one still not cranking, fuel is getting to the pump and loosing the small 5/16 bolt on the side of the pump and fuel was squirting out there when running on ether, but not coming out the injector lines. Just wondering if i should go ahead and pull the pump or is there anything else i can try.

/ ford 4000 injector pump #2  
yea pull the pump the head in the pump is most likely twisted off or an impeler brooke

/ ford 4000 injector pump #3  
fuel shutoff may be stuck closed..

soundguy

/ ford 4000 injector pump #4  
If you're getting fuel to the injection pump and it isn't pressurizing the lines to the injectors, it probably means you're ready for a pump rebuild.

/ ford 4000 injector pump #5  
fuel shutoff may be stuck closed..

soundguy

that can happen but i can be a tricky job to fix and must likely if u have trash there u have trash somewhere else in the pump so u should have it cleaned

/ ford 4000 injector pump
Thanks for the input. I have started pulling the pump off i have never done this before I got everything loose form the pump but it still wont come out of the hole of the tractor. Is it something holding it inside? i notices a cover that i could take off on the other side of the pump.

/ ford 4000 injector pump #7  
Thanks for the input. I have started pulling the pump off i have never done this before I got everything loose form the pump but it still wont come out of the hole of the tractor. Is it something holding it inside? i notices a cover that i could take off on the other side of the pump.

yes under that cover there is three bolts that has to be removed before the pump can come off. and it is very easy to time because there is a dial pin in the gear that the pump is bolted to and a grove cut into the front of the pump and that is all u have to line back up.

/ ford 4000 injector pump
thanks ill give it a try

/ ford 4000 injector pump #9  
oh.. and don't spin the starter over once you pull the injector pump.

still.. I think I might have just taken the top off.. be carefull about parts and all.. etc.

your call.

soundguy