Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
I have an '81 Ford 4610 with hydraulic couplers that are leaking. Does anybody know if these are generic type couplers or or if I can replace them with an ordinary 1/2" quick disconnects(qd's). These qd's have to go into a shell like holder that bolts to the support piece. NH wants $100 bucks a pair plus shipping. Hydraulic supply houses have them for half that price. Does anybody know if they are rebuildable with standard hand tools? I have very little experience with qd's. All the equipment I worked with in my youth was connected with standard fittings.

Thanks in advance.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #2  
By description it seems your 4610 does not have dual pumps and deluxe remote valves; your coupler pairs are oriented horozontally and housed in a simple split housing of either plastic or 'pot metal'. If the couplers are leaking only when a hose is connected, the cure may be to change the seals inside the female coupler. P/N 277634 oring and p/n FP506 backup washer are listed. If the coupler leaks whether connected to a hose or not, it likely needs to be replaced. To fit the coupler body properly and work with the same push/pull action, the original style 772731 female coupler must be used. Your price quote isn't too far off the mark for these couplers. Note that if only one is leaking, only one need to be replaced.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610
By description it seems your 4610 does not have dual pumps and deluxe remote valves; your coupler pairs are oriented horozontally and housed in a simple split housing of either plastic or 'pot metal'. If the couplers are leaking only when a hose is connected, the cure may be to change the seals inside the female coupler. P/N 277634 oring and p/n FP506 backup washer are listed. If the coupler leaks whether connected to a hose or not, it likely needs to be replaced. To fit the coupler body properly and work with the same push/pull action, the original style 772731 female coupler must be used. Your price quote isn't too far off the mark for these couplers. Note that if only one is leaking, only one need to be replaced.

Rick your description is exactly what I have -the non-deluxe remotes with the cast shells oriented horizontally. (Wish I had the dual pump deluxe remotes- I could use the additional flow for the FEL!) I think they only leak when they are connected so I'll try the oring/backup washer fix. How do you disassemble the coupler to fit the o-ring and washer? Thanks for your response.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #4  
Split the holder by removing the two 3/8" bolts that fastens it together and to the support. Then use a pick to remove the o-ring and backup from the female coupler body. Don't nick the new parts during installation, and don't disassemble the female coupler body in any way.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #5  
Another thing to remember is to keep the coupler clean and wipe off the male tip before inserting,dirt is an "O ring killer"

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #6  
I'm having this trouble with my TC40D right now. It only leaks then the hose is connected. Is this a regular O-ring inside or something special?

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #7  
I'm having this trouble with my TC40D right now. It only leaks then the hose is connected. Is this a regular O-ring inside or something special?

That o-ring is generic so long as you match the diameter, section width, and material spec.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #8  
Thanks Rick. This is the info I am looking for.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #9  
Rick,
My left side female coupler 772731 is refusing to lock on to the male hose end. The right side works fine. I have ordered/received the new part and before installing we tried inserting our male end to see if it would engage. It does not. Is it possible that it will only engage when connected to the hydraulic line of the tractor?

Thanks for your help.

/ Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610 #10  
Remember to check your mail tip as well. Rust or a damage mail tip will leak.