ford 1100

/ ford 1100 #1  

dansamuelson

Tractor
ford 1100
I have a ford 100 1980 vintage with original rear turf tires size 8.00-16. Having some difficulty finding replacement tires, has anyone tried to install an appropriat size truck tire on these rims? If so what size truck tire will work? Also looking for additional rear wheel weights (I have the stock inner rim weights and I am curious if there is an ad on option for outer rim?) Also has anyone come up with a decent ROPS option for the 1100?

/ ford 1100 #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Ford/New Holland Owning/Operating Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ ford 1100 #4  
Is it four wheel drive? If not, I would think a 750 X 16 or 235/85R X16 truck tire would work. Our 1100 has 700 X 16 R1's (ag tires).

/ ford 1100 #5  
The size you list, 8 X 16 is an ag tire size. Turfs would be more like 29 X 12.00 X 15. That ag rim might be too skinny to find a truck tire for.

I have bought tires in these sizes from tires-easy.com in portland, or. They were ease to deal with and had fast shipping.

/ ford 1100 #6  
try tucker tire or miller tire.. they stock hundreds of tire sizes for tractors.

soundguy

/ ford 1100 #7  
I was able to find a ROPS for my 1100...Made by a place in Australia, if I remember correctly. It is a Hercules ROP. There is a dealer for them in California. I think it is justtractorparts.com
I have a ford 100 1980 vintage .... Also has anyone come up with a decent ROPS option for the 1100?

I had to tweek the attachment a bit to fit even though the lower part was supposed to fit the 1100, but I think it ended up pretty solid. It replaces the top link point of the 3 PH...
It is definitely worth having the ROPS... it is a fold down type if you need the clearance.

Good luck!

Terry

/ ford 1100 #8  
yep.. rops are good to have!

soundguy

/ ford 1100 #9  
I was able to find a ROPS for my 1100...Made by a place in Australia, if I remember correctly. It is a Hercules ROP. There is a dealer for them in California. I think it is justtractorparts.com

I had to tweek the attachment a bit to fit even though the lower part was supposed to fit the 1100, but I think it ended up pretty solid. It replaces the top link point of the 3 PH...
It is definitely worth having the ROPS... it is a fold down type if you need the clearance.

Good luck!

Terry

Hercules, is not an OSHA approved ROPS. At best it will absorb energy and deform... what else deforms with it is questionable.

JC,

/ ford 1100 #10  
wow.. non certified rops.. I'm surprised the made them due to the liability

i'd have called it a cannopy holder.

i know some people that have sold rops with no tags on them, and sold them as 'scrap' metal with the tractor so as to avoid lability.

soundguy