Default 1720 aux hyd?

I'm looking at a 1720 with a front end loader. Walking around it, I see there is no hyd port(s) on the back of it.

Can there be? Is that an option, or an add-on kit (spendy?)?

If the loader is removed, can the twin quick-couple ports for the loader be plumbed to the back with some hoses, & the joystick used to run hyd implements?

I have a farm background, but not real good with hydaulic systems...

--->Paul

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Default Re: 1720 aux hyd?

A rear hydralic port is a dealer added option on the 1720. I'm not sure the cost, but it has been in the $500 range for my Ford/ New Hollands.Andy

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Default Re: 1720 aux hyd?

Are you looking for a "controlled" rear hydro port or just one to hook up a backhoe or similar device. For a backhoe, I've seen where they just plumb it with hose from the hydro block, located on the right side of the tractor under/infront of the foot rest, back to the implement. Plumbing in this way would give you no control but provide a supply to a backhoe. If you want control, then the factory kit is a really nice way to go. It taps on to the valving under the seat and provides a control lever in the fender.