Ford 3000 pto quit

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #1  

kurtwellnitz

Tractor
Ford 3000
I have a Ford 3000 tractor and the PTO quit. The spline will still spin but not engage. Shortly after, the three point lift arms quit. I have been told that it probably is a clogged filter but dont know location or how to replace. Thanks for any help.

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #3  
Welcome to TBN.
It would be a good idea to move this tread to the New Holland section for more input.
I don't understand what you mean not engaging. When you move the PTO lever and release the clutch (with implement hooked up) what happens?

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #4  
Hey Kurt! WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the New Holland Owning/Operating Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #5  
Check the to see if there's enough fluid in the rear end. That's where I'd start.

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #6  
fluid as nothing to do with the pto if it is not engaging u should look at the shaft and the splines and it and the sliding collar inside the read end

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #7  
what trans does this tractor have?

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #8  
fluid as nothing to do with the pto if it is not engaging u should look at the shaft and the splines and it and the sliding collar inside the read end

fluid -DOES- matter.. if it is an SOS tractor with independent pto and hyd clutch pack...

we need to know more info...

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 pto quit #9  
fluid -DOES- matter.. if it is an SOS tractor with independent pto and hyd clutch pack...

we need to know more info...

soundguy

if if was a fifth we would all be drunk but yea need to know what trans is in it