NH TC34DA Cruise Control stopped working

/ NH TC34DA Cruise Control stopped working #1  

TheProgenator

Tractor
New Holland TC34DA
Haven't used my TC34DA for a few weeks and today noticed the cruise control does not work. The green light in the switch does not light, and the switch has no effect. The fuse is good. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Everything else is working. Thank you.

/ NH TC34DA Cruise Control stopped working #2  
First I would remove the dash switch and make sure the harness doesn't have any connectors loose on the back side. If no problem there,pull the instrument cluster and find the connector for the cruise harness. It should be a brown connector with 3 wires,I forget the colors. Check that connection for any loose wires.

If neither of those are your problem,the next step would be to remove the RH lower cowling. Once removed you will be able to see the relay and diode for the cruise harness. Either could be bad or could have connection problems. Not sure how you test them since we always had plenty we just swapped parts out.

/ NH TC34DA Cruise Control stopped working
Thanks - I'll give those steps a try.

/ NH TC34DA Cruise Control stopped working
Hey WrenchGuy - thanks for the advice. I pulled the instrument panel - grass, scraps of insulation that was stored nearby, lots of mouse droppings, and chewed wires, one all the way through. Cleaned it all out, repaired the wires, sealed it all back up, and the cruise control works again. I should've pulled the panel to begin with. Amazing there weren't other problems. Now if I can keep the mice out I'm all set. Many thanks. :)