Adding a Root Grapple = D R LONG!

/ Adding a Root Grapple = D R LONG! #1  

tc40da-rg

Tractor
2004 New Holland TC40DA w/hydrostatic transmission & 4wd; 1983, MF 230
First, I must apologize for being months overdue on posting this to the TBN forums. Many months ago, I purchased a new root grapple attachment for my 2004 New Holland TC40DA tractor, to supplement the bucket and FEL. I could only work on/with the tractor for very (VERY) short periods and often weeks apart due to the fact that I was caring for my aging Mother AND my terminally ill older Brother, both of whom require(d) constant care. [I lost my brother, a Viet Nam vet, to cancer a few short months ago after nearly two years of horrific suffering.] My Mother is showing signs of demensia and is, herself, needing more and more constant care; these facts, along with the fact that I live 3 hours drive from my Mother and Brother's, are why it has taken me so long to get this post to the forum.

Anyway, after attempts to get instructions/directions from the company I purchased the grapple from, I contacted the manufacturer of the third-function valve that came with the new grapple -- D. R. Long. I simply cannot say enough about how helpful Mr. Long was in getting my unit mounted and working. It did not take him more than a few minutes on the phone to describe, exactly, how to go about mounting the valve, hydraulics, and all.

The root grapple works like a charm and I can finally get the kind of work done that I originally purchased the tractor for in the first place. I hope to get a picture or two posted to the forum eventually (if anyone should wish to see the finished product). There truly is nothing like having "the right tool for the job." And, there is absolutely nothing like having wonderful, knowledgeable, patient, and sharing people such as the D. R. Long company, to do business with.

Mr. Long, my gratitude cannot be expressed enough here, but it is my hope that other Forum members will be led to your expertise and enterprise should they wish to make such an addition to their tractor(s).

Sincerely, A VERY satisfied customer (of D. R. Long).

/ Adding a Root Grapple = D R LONG! #2  
Taking care of someone you deeply care about is never an easy task especially with a long drive. I hope you can find the proper care for your mom.

Pictures of your grapple would be great.

Isn't it nice to know there are people out there who are so helpful.

/ Adding a Root Grapple = D R LONG!
Thanks for the nice replies. And, yes, if I'm going to praise someone, I really should get their name correct, huh? (These days I'm lucky to get my name right). So my sincere thanks to W R Long!