A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #1  

MCross

I recently bought a 1983 Ford 1510 tractor (my first tractor). While doing a search on the internet I find that there was a Service Bulletin concerning an issue with connecting rods within a certain serial number range on the 1983 models. Mine falls in the year and serial number range of the bulletin. I am curious if there was any way to tell if this tractor has been repaired. Does Ford / New Holland have records that can be searched to determine if indeed it has been serviced under the bulletin. The tractor seems to run fine, but was wanting to find this out to maybe prevent a time bomb type of thing. If a rod was to break then of course it would be more costly to repair. Any thoughts?

Looking for other owners of the 1510 tractor that can share some photos of their tractor with me. I am trying to figure out how the Hydraulic Manifold mounts. The block located in front of the right step plate. Mine is just hanging there being supported buy the hydraulic lines. Would be nice to see a picture of one mounted and / or the bracket .

Also would like to see some close up photos of the ROPS assembly and the way it mounts.

I am also in need of a Owners manual to assist in locating the service points and fluid drainage locations and capacities. Does anyone have one in PDF fomat?

Is a 5 foot box blade suitable for this tractor? Considering a Countyline brand form Tractor Supply.

Thanks in advance
Mike

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #2  
I recently bought a 1983 Ford 1510 tractor (my first tractor). While doing a search on the internet I find that there was a Service Bulletin concerning an issue with connecting rods within a certain serial number range on the 1983 models. Mine falls in the year and serial number range of the bulletin. I am curious if there was any way to tell if this tractor has been repaired. Does Ford / New Holland have records that can be searched to determine if indeed it has been serviced under the bulletin. The tractor seems to run fine, but was wanting to find this out to maybe prevent a time bomb type of thing. If a rod was to break then of course it would be more costly to repair. Any thoughts?

Looking for other owners of the 1510 tractor that can share some photos of their tractor with me. I am trying to figure out how the Hydraulic Manifold mounts. The block located in front of the right step plate. Mine is just hanging there being supported buy the hydraulic lines. Would be nice to see a picture of one mounted and / or the bracket .

Also would like to see some close up photos of the ROPS assembly and the way it mounts.

I am also in need of a Owners manual to assist in locating the service points and fluid drainage locations and capacities. Does anyone have one in PDF fomat?

Is a 5 foot box blade suitable for this tractor? Considering a Countyline brand form Tractor Supply.

Thanks in advance
Mike

I would talk to the local NH dealer and see if there is some kind of stamped ID mark on the engine to indicate a modification or any records on that particular machine in their data base. If there are no records then I would avoid the tractor.There are plenty of good machines out there one doesn't need to go looking for trouble by buying one that may be defective.

Operator's manuals and shop manuals can be found at the dealers or on ebay and other places on the web.

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #3  
Hi there,

Can't help about the con rod service bulletin other than checking by the part numbers. I can help with the hyd. block and rops, but not till later (I'm at work). I also might be able to help with the service schedule/diagram - is it 2wd or fwd?

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor
Much appreciated.
Looking foward to the information.

Mike

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #5  
on my 1710 tractor which i think is very similar to a 1510, the manifold block has a small L shaped bracket that screws to the manifold block and then to the frame. there should be a screw hole right next to the manifold. my bracket broke years ago so i replaced it with another L shaped bracket which also broke. they both broke at the bend.

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #6  
Here's a closeup view of the mounting bracket. As randy41 says, it's just a small L-shaped bracket - one end on the manifold block and the other on the tractor.

p.s. repeat after me....I see no rust, I see no rust,

Attachments

• DSCN0343.jpg
    DSCN0343.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCN0344.jpg
    DSCN0344.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 436
   / A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #7  
now as for the rops...

I assume (hate that word:mad:) you need to see the bottom attachment points - (repeat previous magical chant...I see no rust....):laughing:

I included a (poor) overall view to give some idea of proportion - no one EVER accused me of being a photographer:confused2:

Let me know if you need greater detail or different angles.

Attachments

• DSCN0348.jpg
    DSCN0348.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0349-2.jpg
    DSCN0349-2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCN0357.jpg
    DSCN0357.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCN0360.jpg
    DSCN0360.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 961
   / A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor
Thanks for the photos. You know what they say, a photo is worth.....
That helps a lot. If I may ask for a few more from the front side and a overall shot from the side to see the angle of the cage.

BTW it is a 2 wheel drive

Mike

P.S. What rust???

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #9  
Congratulations on your tractor! I have a 1985 1510 and can say a 5 ft box blade is just about perfect for this tractor. I bought a 5 ft heavy duty Tarter (I believe they are one of the manufacturers for Tractor Supply) hinged back blade for mine and it's a very good match. Of course, mine also has turf tires, so using four wheel drive is pretty much mandatory, but aside from the occasional sticky gumbo and swamp muck, I've not had a problem pulling it. If you have R1 tires, you'll have no problem at all.

The 1510 is a very rugged little tractor that never ceases to amaze me with what it can accomplish.

Enjoy!

Joe

/ A few questions about Ford 1510 tractor #10  
Thanks for the photos. You know what they say, a photo is worth.....
That helps a lot. If I may ask for a few more from the front side and a overall shot from the side to see the angle of the cage.

BTW it is a 2 wheel drive

Mike

P.S. What rust???

No problem but it'll have to wait till tomorrow - it be dark and raining outside!

"..from the front side..." do you mean the whole tractor nose on or...from the front side of the mounting or ...??

BTW, from previous posts it doesn't appear that .pdf manuals are available for these tractors. Paper manuals are available from several sources.

I'm waiting for a "legal" ruling from the administrator about the propriety of posting scanned pages on the forum. Not sure if it is permissable or not.

For now, the owner's manual says the following about capacities (all values are U.S.):

Fuel - 7 Gal.
Cooling system - 3.8 quarts
Engine oil w/filter - 4.2 qts.
Rear Axle/Trans - 27.5 qts (a little less w/o pwr strng)

Drain plug on oil pan (engine)
2 drain plugs on rear axle
1 drain plug on trans

should be all for 2wd

more tomorrow