ford 5000 select-0-speed parts

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #1  

Willy Lang

Tractor
5000 ford
I am trying to repair the select-0-speed shifter on my 1971 ford 5000. Do you know who has parts?? I need parts for the control selector assembly; I have a picture showing the parts in the assembly and the number is listed as "10A". Can anyone help me find this part???

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #2  
post the actual part number.. not the pictoral id number.

sos parts are generally $$tough$$ to find.

good luck

soundguy

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts
Is there a method of finding the parts number for the selector shaft and the bushing in the select-o-speed assembly. Our local tractor dealer is not very helpful???
Willy

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #5  
hello I have a Ford 2000 with the SOS transmission. I need the complete shifter assembly with cable. Where can i get it and can I get it new`?

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #6  
Try Dave Arthur at Arthurstractors.com If anyone has what you need, he will. New Holland doesn"t supply squat for the select o speeds any more.

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #7  
   / ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #8  
thank you for your answers. At smiths tractors I have already asked for parts. But he has only parts for the early transmissions until '64 and my tractor was built in 1967. The most important parts that I need are the shifter and the control valve. I know that it is hard to get such parts but I will keep on searching. I need also some pictures of the part of the transmission where the cable of the shifter goes into the transmission that I can see which parts I also need.

( sorry for my bad english I am from Germany )

/ ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #9  
   / ford 5000 select-0-speed parts #10  
We gave up searching for parts for our 1965 ford 5000 select-0-speed. None of the dealers in the area at that time could get the parts we needed or would even look at it to repair it. They all said they wanted nothing to do with a SOS trans. We bought a salvaged 4X2 trans from MacFaddens in NY. They sent everything we need to convert it over, clutch, pressure plate, clutch pedal linkage etc. That was about 8 years ago now. We rebuilt the engine 2 years ago and it is still a great dependable tractor. We use it as a second tractor for mowing, spreading, backhoe work, plowing, harrowing etc. Hopefully this spring/summer we'll find time to give it a fresh coat of paint and decals.