3-Point Hitch New Holland 1715 lower lift arm question

/ New Holland 1715 lower lift arm question #1  

bucknbass

Tractor
New Holland 1715
I've got a model 1715. There's nothing that I can see to keep the lower lift arms fixed and straight behind the tractor when pulling my finishing mower. As a result the mower slides side to side in a turn and the bolts on the arms and the arms themselves hit the rear tires.

Am I missing an adjustment somewhere to kep the arms straight when hooked to an implement? I see the turnbuckles on each side but it seems like they would adjust the arms out, not in.

/ New Holland 1715 lower lift arm question #2  
I've got a model 1715. There's nothing that I can see to keep the lower lift arms fixed and straight behind the tractor when pulling my finishing mower. As a result the mower slides side to side in a turn and the bolts on the arms and the arms themselves hit the rear tires.

Am I missing an adjustment somewhere to kep the arms straight when hooked to an implement? I see the turnbuckles on each side but it seems like they would adjust the arms out, not in.

There is a "turn buckel" on each side, 1 for each lift arm. They are adjustable to shorten or lengthen using the turn buckle. They have 1 lock nut that has to be loosened before they will turn. Attach your brush hog and lift it slightly off the ground and thghten (shorten) both turnbuckles to remove the side by side sway. Re tighten the lock nut and it will not move while mowing. You might have to loosen them to get the mower unhoked when changing implements. Turn buckels adjust both ways (in aand out) (longer or shorter) Shorten them to remove sway.

Last edited:
   / New Holland 1715 lower lift arm question #3  
Those turnbuckles work the opposite of how you would first think they work. When you tighten the one on the right it keeps the implement (or lift arm) from swinging too far to the left. That keeps the lift arm from hitting the left tire. When you tighten the one on the left it keeps the limplement or lift arm from swinging too far to the right hitting the tire on the right. Tighten both to the to the same length to center the mower. I hope that is clearer than my above post.:)

/ New Holland 1715 lower lift arm question
Perfectly clear! Thanks very much for the information. It will save my tires!