Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello everyone, first off thanks for all the great input I received prior to my purchase of a New Holland TC 24D. It has been a great little tractor and I am gets lots of work done building terraces and grading for proper runoff not to mention the spreading of truckloads of mulch all over the property.

My question is what are the correct lynch pins (size make) to use with this tractor. Also the drawbar on the TC24D is a clevis type (U shaped with a pin) not the single bar as I thought was the norm. I cannot seem to find the pin diameter that I need. It also seems that this drawbar does not swing, which can be a good thing. So I am looking for recommendations and suggestions. It's hard to get tractor parts in Los Angeles so I need to order the right items.

Thanks
George

I will post some pictures as soon as I get the digital camera back in my hands.

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #2  
Can u measure the hole in draw bar and just order the pin
1/16 or 1/8" smaller.
We had the clevis type drawbar on a JD 5020 but haven't seen it on small tractors.
Your drawbar isn't reversable is it?

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #3  
Chances are a bolt and nylon lock nut or two nuts locked together will work. A really long bolt may also stay in place without the nuts.
Egon

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #4  
The lynch pins depend on the implement. It has been my experience so far that they are the same size. either 1/4 or 5/16? Do you have any on hand now?

For the drawbar, It's the same diameter as a cat 1 top link pin (3/4"?) By about 4" long. I'm at work right now so, don't trust my memory. You can measure the length you need. It's called a "hitch pin".

Don't know if you are buying from your tractor dealer or a hardware store. The dealer may cost a little more, but at least you can test fit the stuff on a tractor or implement. Maybe the tractor dealer is far away?

If you want to save a trip into town: Check out agri-supply catalog pgs 31-40 The lynch pins & Hitch pins are on page 32. A phone call should tell you if 1/4 or 5/16 is the usual size for the lynch pins.

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #5  
Draw bar pins come in many different sizes. You will need to measure your hole diameter and also the length that you need to go through the clevis hitch. As far as the lynch pins go, the standard diameter is 7/16" with a "D" shaped cross section.

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( my purchase of a New Holland TC 24D.)</font>

When did they come out with a 24D? I just checked NH web site after reading this and the 25D is no longer listed, but the 24D is listed now.

Anybody know why they eleminated the 25D and replaced it with the 24D?

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #7  
The TC24 is a "class I" boomer, same chassis as the TC18 & TC21. They eliminated the TC25 so that the step from Class I to Class II was big enough (4HP) to justify a higher price tag (marketing)

/ Help with Drawbar Pins and Lynch Pins #8  
When I figured out my TC21 was not big enough I went back to trade in for a TC25. The dealer told me to go to the 29 because there was only $400.00 difference. The 29 and the 25 had the same frame and everything it was just the 5 horsepower more. For $400.00 you couldn't go wrong. So I guess why make the 25 for the price difference. Making the 24 backs that down one class and they can be more competitive.

Just my thinking which usually doesn't count for much

murph