PTO direction

/ PTO direction #1  

expedoman55

Bronze Member
Ok so at the risk of showing my complete stupidity.. and lack of experience :eek: and without going to the barn and looking at the tractor what direction does the PTO turn when I face the back of tractor? Do any tractors have or use reversable PTOs? Sorry for dumb question as i am sure you guys are ROFL now..! Well I guess look at it this way.. I provided a little Friday night humor for ya'll! Ok now QUIT laughing! :confused2:

/ PTO direction #2  
expedoman55 said:
Ok so at the risk of showing my complete stupidity.. and lack of experience :eek: and without going to the barn and looking at the tractor what direction does the PTO turn when I face the back of tractor? Do any tractors have or use reversable PTOs? Sorry for dumb question as i am sure you guys are ROFL now..! Well I guess look at it this way.. I provided a little Friday night humor for ya'll! Ok now QUIT laughing! :confused2:

If you are looking at it from the rear It should turn clockwise

/ PTO direction #3  
and yes, there are tractors with a reversable PTO - rare but there.

/ PTO direction
Corey, Dawzie,
THanks for the reply.. and honestly not bursting out laughing.. THis whole tractor thing is realively new for me and I am trying to learn it quickly :)

/ PTO direction #5  
expedoman55 said:
Corey, Dawzie,
THanks for the reply.. and honestly not bursting out laughing.. THis whole tractor thing is realively new for me and I am trying to learn it quickly :)

No problem, everybody begins somewhere I'm still learning new things everyday on these forums. It's better to ask than end up in the obituaries cause you didn't know. :)

/ PTO direction #6  
not only are there some pto's that spin backwards.. but then you get even more complicated with ground speed pto's too. depnds on which wat the wheels go.. ;)

soundguy

/ PTO direction #7  
Soundguy said:
not only are there some pto's that spin backwards.. but then you get even more complicated with ground speed pto's too. depnds on which wat the wheels go.. ;)

soundguy

Woah, talk about complicated, lol. I will stick with my clockwise pto's with the two speeds and two different splined shafts.