Tires 2120 tire question

/ 2120 tire question #1  

bjc

Tractor
1993 Ford/NH 2120
hey folks,

i'm a newbie here, and to the world of tractors...

i bought a 2120 for my little slice of heaven and got a 2120 with turf tires at a golf course auction.

i have hilly terrain and need new front tires. i need ag tires to climb my pasture hills for mowing, but am not sure what size to get. the back turf tires are ok for now (won't use during rain anyhow), but really need the fronts changed.

i know about keeping the ratio and stuff like that, but am not sure how to order tires. the tire measurements are 27x8.5, but am also assuming (from reading on here) that the rim size is 15"?

if this is the case, i just need to look for 27x8.5-15 tires? i would like to change the rear tires eventually, but am not sure they make an ag tire that wide with such a small rim diameter...but if anyone has info on that as well that would be great!!! :)

thanks all, and have a great weekend (since today is friday).

bj

/ 2120 tire question #2  
You need to watch the tire outside dia.(OD) as well, just because the side wall numbers are the same does not mean mean the the OD is the same.

/ 2120 tire question
do you mean the measurements from the manufacturer of the tire or physically measuring?

i know the rear tires have no diameter sizes on them. just the rim size it seems.

thanks.

bj

/ 2120 tire question #4  
physical measuring. You will need to tell whoever you are buying the tires from what you are doing so they can help. If you get the tire OD wrong it will get expensive :mad:

/ 2120 tire question #5  
I take it that the tractor is used in FWD. If it is 2WD, then I don't see a problem (but then, my eyesight isn't what it used to be!)

/ 2120 tire question #6  
here is what is listed at tractordata dot com

Ford 2120 Tires:
Ag front: 8.00-18

Ag rear: 13.6-24

If you have turfs on now, to go to ag tires, you will need new to you rims as well.
this is assumming you have MFWD, to keed the ratios matched.

/ 2120 tire question #7  
Firestone makes an 18.4-16.1 R-1 Ag tire.. All the major tire manufacturers publish complete sprcs including rolling circumfrence and overall diameter. I have the same size turf tires on my NH 1920 and found that the R-1 ag tires were 14.9-24 and 8-16 fronts. I found a pair of used rear rims and 14.9-24 R-4 industrial tires. The matching front tires are 10-16.5, 31 inch OD. Ford/NH never made a 16.5 rim so I am going to mount 31-10.50-15 mud tires on my existing rims. This will keep the lead/lag the same. Bill C

/ 2120 tire question #8  

Attachments

• P5160016 (Small).JPG
    P5160016 (Small).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 534
   / 2120 tire question
thanks for all the replies.

i was on the Firestone website and found the rear ag tires as well.

the front find is great!! i think i'll buy them. my fronts are in real bad shape anyhow. THANKS.

my rears are ok for now, but think i will have to buy the ag rears down the road...just not looking forward to the price :(.

i have my flail coming in soon so the tractor needs to be running...

thanks all.

bj

/ 2120 tire question
shaley,

by 1/4" difference...was it smaller or larger by 1/4"?

just wondering.

thanks.

bj