Default Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal

My TZ22 is also having the cracking issue on the blue fiberglass fender shield that the seat assembly fastens upon. I am not alone in this issue as I have seen from previous postings. While I am willing to tackle this issue myself, I am wondering if anyone has the steps involved in removing said panel from tractor to access the underside of where the seat brackets fastens. I am going to fabricate a square panel to go under the seat panel and on top of the panel and then fasten the seat bracket to that fabrication. I also plan to add some fiberglass underneath as well to stop the cracks and just reinforce the whole thing. I do have a couple of PM's out there, but so far no answer from those who seemingly have had to remove the blue fender shield (or whatever it is called). If anyone has a better idea on how to resolve this issue, let me know that as well. I did contact NH and got the standard answer to contact the dealer. I have emailed the dealer rep I dealt with when purchasing the tractor, but have not heard back. He may be on vacation because he is usually very good at returning emails and phone calls.

The cracks are bad enough I am doing something about it. I visited Twin City in Mandan, ND and one of the parts guys called NH And came up with a parts kit for $49.00. I had a $50.00 gift certificate credi so I ordered it.

The cracks are bad enough I am doing something about it. I visited Twin City in Mandan, ND and one of the parts guys called NH And came up with a parts kit for $49.00. I had a $50.00 gift certificate credi so I ordered it.

I will post more about the kit when it gets here next week. Now I have to figure out joe to get the rubber grips off the levers and then lift the fender/seat unit up high enough to install the metal plate(s) to reinforce the seat mount area.

The parts arrived but will have to wait until Monday to pick up. Took the fender/sweatpants off and it was much simpler than I imagined. Got to give the Japanese credit for great design. Not knowing a thing about how to do it, got it off with lifting help from 13 YO grandson. Took an hour and now could do it half that time. 4WD handle has screw through it, PRO handle turns off and the rest pop off with a good tug on them. Three wire harness plugs and 4 rear signal wires and that's it! Reassembly next week! 👍

[QUOTE="llhjunk"]The parts arrived but will have to wait until Monday to pick up. Took the fender/seat pan off and it was much simpler than I imagined. Got to give the Japanese credit for great design. Not knowing a thing about how to do it, got it off with lifting help from 13 YO grandson. Took an hour and now could do it half that time. 4WD handle has screw through it, PRO handle turns off and the rest pop off with a good tug on them. Three wire harness plugs and 4 rear signal wires and that's it! Reassembly next week!

Some photos

Try again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-1286575802.jpg   Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-537366173.jpg   Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-3863857076.jpg  

I picked up the kit and since there are no instructions, i'm having to think this on through. The fender-seat has a rubber block on the bottom side, middle of where seat sets on topside. I would assume then the kit solid plate goes topside and seat slide mechanism goes on top of the plate. The two smaller plates go front and aft on the bottom. The plate curl goes front to sandwitch

Quote Originally Posted by llhjunk
    I picked up the kit and since there are no instructions, i'm having to think this on through. The fender-seat has a rubber block on the bottom side, middle of where seat sets on topside. I would assume then the kit solid plate goes topside and seat slide mechanism goes on top of the plate. The two smaller plates go front and aft on the bottom. The plate curl goes front to sandwitch
    (correction) ...sandwich the fender - seat pan curve where the cracking began.

Here is what "the kit" consists of:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-2914483121.jpg  

Photos of kit.
    Bottom pl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-2031777817.jpg   Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-608402867.jpg   Cracked seat mount - TZ Fender/seat panel removal-image-293809588.jpg