Loader Ford 3000 Loader Install

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #1  

401FordManNZ

Tractor
Fords
Hi All, I am wanting to install a loader on my ford 3000, the one I have on offer is currently on a ford 5000, the question I have is the loader mount on the bellhousing the same between the two models, I am aware the front cradle is completely different,but if the dimensions are the same for the bellhousing then I can easily fab up the front end and run a support to the rear axle to save snapping the tractor in two.

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #2  
Bellhousing mounts are the same. Distance from the ground to the mount points are probably quite different.

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #3  
Does your 3000 have the expanding shoe brakes or wet disc brakes (I'm not remembering when the change was made). If the latter the rear mounting would be the same. As Rick points out you'll be closer to the ground. Also, the front wheel spindles will be the weak point.

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #4  
Does your 3000 have the expanding shoe brakes or wet disc brakes (I'm not remembering when the change was made). If the latter the rear mounting would be the same. As Rick points out you'll be closer to the ground. Also, the front wheel spindles will be the weak point.

3000 has the outboard brakes and radius rod front axle shared on all the previous models.

4000 65+ started the inboard brakes..

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #5  
We have a 3000 with a 730 ford loader 60" bucket . We have broken many front spindles and front end parts over the years . Just dont push it hard with a load .

A 3400 front end is stronger and will withstand more .

Ours has a cast oil pan and a subframe that ties from the pan to the rear axe housing at the fender u bolts to keep it together .

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #6  
3000 has the outboard brakes and radius rod front axle shared on all the previous models.

4000 65+ started the inboard brakes..

soundguy

Later on the 3600 got the inboard brakes in basically the 4000 rear end. Later versions of the 3000 were generically referred to as 3000s as well leading to some confusion. I've found it necessary to ask some leading questions to make sure what we're talking about.

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #7  
uh.. i'm pretty sure the 3600 brakes were the plain drums too.( there also were hyd options ) you may be thinking of a 4000SU or 4600SU they have the rear of a 4xxx essentially, yet the LD front of the 3000. I believe the 3610 also had mechanical outboard drum brakes, and the 3910 had the inboard brakes.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install
Yep she has the plain old drum brakes, I intend to run a frame to the rear axle and pick up on two of the bolts where the linkage arm stabilizers are as I have seen numerous 2,3xxx plain broken in half where the gearbox flange bolts to rear end. I guess I must have to set the relief valve on the loader so it won't be pushed to lift any huge weights, What do you think around 1000 pounds? It will mainly just get used to load stock feed trailers with meal

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #9  
I have a 74 ford 3000 with a case front end loader. Had to fab all the bracket for bellhouse and rear axel hook up. Have not had any front end trouble as of yet approximate 5 years use on it. Will post some pics tommorow

/ Ford 3000 Loader Install #10  
Yep she has the plain old drum brakes, I intend to run a frame to the rear axle and pick up on two of the bolts where the linkage arm stabilizers are as I have seen numerous 2,3xxx plain broken in half where the gearbox flange bolts to rear end. I guess I must have to set the relief valve on the loader so it won't be pushed to lift any huge weights, What do you think around 1000 pounds? It will mainly just get used to load stock feed trailers with meal

1000# will be low for a loader, even with no subframe. I use 1-arm ford loaders and even those, with only 1 trans support, and 1 front support are rated for 1200#

soundguy