Ford 1920 Basic Questions

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I have a neighbor that is a widow and she takes care of a small campground by herself. I try and help her out as much as I can.
She has a 1920 Ford and needs the fluids changed. The Engine oil change is a no brainer but since I have never owned a Ford tractor I need to know what kind of hydro fluid it takes, where the drains and fills are and most importantly, how much hydro fluid will the tractor hold so I know how much to buy.
She does not have any manual for the tractor so it is pretty much a game of hide and seek for drains and fill holes.

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions #2  
Unless someone else chimes in with a better way I have an owners manual and can scan and e-mail the pictures of where the drain/fill holes are if you'd like.

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions #3  
I believe the 1920 is similar to the tc30 in design but I could be wrong. Anyway, here is a link from Messicks with a TC Series fluid change proceedures.

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions #5  
Does the 1920 really hold 30 gal of hydraulic fluid?:shocked: That must be a typo in the specifications. My 33D holds less than 10 gal.

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions
Does the 1920 really hold 30 gal of hydraulic fluid?:shocked: That must be a typo in the specifications. My 33D holds less than 10 gal.

I also noticed that. I sure hope it is a type O also. That would be close to $250 just for fluid.

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions #7  
30.6 quarts.

/ Ford 1920 Basic Questions
Unless someone else chimes in with a better way I have an owners manual and can scan and e-mail the pictures of where the drain/fill holes are if you'd like.

Thanks for the offer endrobyn, but looks like Larry D's link answered the question.