T1520 - more problems

/ T1520 - more problems #1  

jaymar421

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland T1520
I have my T1520 on a job site. Only 100 hours on it (still with the noise in the engine) and the PTO light comes on and the tractor stalls and won't start up again. Dealer tells me it sounds like a blown fuse. I check all the fuses - nothing blown. Any suggestions as to what it may be? Maybe it's just the batch my T1520 came from, but this has been a living nightmare since I bought it brand new :(

/ T1520 - more problems #2  
let me see what i can find out

/ T1520 - more problems #3  
I have my T1520 on a job site. Only 100 hours on it (still with the noise in the engine) and the PTO light comes on and the tractor stalls and won't start up again. Dealer tells me it sounds like a blown fuse. I check all the fuses - nothing blown. Any suggestions as to what it may be? Maybe it's just the batch my T1520 came from, but this has been a living nightmare since I bought it brand new :(

Did your tractor stall at the same time as the PTO light came on or did it stall later and you could not get it restarted? If your tractor stalled at the same time as the PTO light came on, then you should recheck those fuses with a continuity tester. Don't trust your eyes to spot a bad fuse. There is no reason for your tractor to stall when the PTO light comes on if you are in the seat and operating normally. In order for the tractor to stall, the fuel solenoid has to de-energize and the PTO light keeps the starter from cranking the engine. What I'm saying is that if your PTO switch was bad, it would not cause the tractor to stall, but it would keep it from restarting after the engine quit. If the PTO light is a symptom of something other than a bad PTO switch, the fuel solenoid is also probably cutting off fuel. This is the normal sure sign that a fuse is blown as your dealer told you. It's worth a recheck in my opinion. Not having a schematic of your tractor is causing me to make some assumptions, but most of our NH compacts follow this logic.

/ T1520 - more problems
Ok... not a terrible disaster. Ended up being a broken wire. We are up and running once again. Good thing I carry my electrical kit in the truck! Thanks, though :)