TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice #1  

ksshooter

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30
TC30 Block Heater and Transmission Heater advice

I have my block heater but the instructions do not cover my specific tractor, a TC30 (2006). All the other models are grouped on the instructions and it tells you which plug to take out and what position to mount the heater.

Still want to make sure I use the correct hole which for most tractors listed is Left Front.

I know this probably sounds pretty dumb to many of you but I really do not want to screw up my "new to me" tractor.:eek:

Lastly while researching parts on Partspring site I found that NH sells a transmission heater. I assume this is for an HST. Has anyone here installed or used one? Do you have to drain the fluid? Do you guys who move lots of snow with your HST CUT use any type of heater for the transmission fluid?

As always your input is appreciated :D

Last edited:
   / TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice #2  
Re: TC30 Block Heater and Transmission Heater advice

For the block heater, any suitable plug will do. They are not fussy as long as no interference exists. No comment re: tranny heater.

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice #3  
The trans heaters are generally used in places where the high temp is 0.

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice #4  
Forget the Hydro heater unless you live in a COLD COLD area. Read about the NH F200 hydro oil. That helps in cold weather......

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice
Thank you all. I will forget the transmission heater and consider the F200 hydro oil for the next change out.:drink:

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice #6  
Well personally, it gets real cold here in North Idaho, and i put a Wolverens brand 250 watt heater on my HST tranny cause last Feb it would protest something fierce when it was 10F outside and i started it up. Its on a timer and set for 2 hours only of heating. Figure thats cheap insurance.

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice
Thanks grsthegreat! We do have our cold days. Last year the lowest I remember was 27 below and you still have to take care of horses no matter what the temp. Of course that was the morning temp and I feed them in the afternoon. But temps of zero F are not uncommon. :cool2:
Sure wish I had a cab like you :thumbsup:

/ TC30 Block Heater stupid questions and Transmission Heater advice #8  
-27 degrees???? That could be COLD COLD?????