Ford 3000 hydraulics problem

/ Ford 3000 hydraulics problem #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
Looking at buying a Ford 3000 2wd, front end loader, the loader hydraulics have a problem, owner sez loader started working slower and slower and now will barely lift, the 3 point hitch hydraulics work good, does the front loader work off the same hydraulic pump as the 3 point lift, the tractor is in good shape and runs good, seller is asking 3k, is this a good price, any help appreciated.

/ Ford 3000 hydraulics problem #2  
you are asking us something you should be asking the seller.

It is POSSIBLE the loader is plumbed off the tractor hyds that run the 3pt, OR it could be run from a front stinger pump, OR less commonly, a pto pump.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 hydraulics problem
Thanks for the reply, the owner is a lady and all she knows is it quit working, you really answered my question in that these were plumbed more than one way, I had here send me a couple pictures and looks like it may have a pump on the front, never dealt with a loader like this, 2 hydralic lift arms but a single cylinder in the center to roll the bucket, guess I'll have to make the trip to check it out.

/ Ford 3000 hydraulics problem #4  
Thanks for the reply, the owner is a lady and all she knows is it quit working, you really answered my question in that these were plumbed more than one way, I had here send me a couple pictures and looks like it may have a pump on the front, never dealt with a loader like this, 2 hydralic lift arms but a single cylinder in the center to roll the bucket, guess I'll have to make the trip to check it out.

if it is run off of a front pump the problem could be the filter in the left upright of the loader inside the bottom it is help in with for bolts

/ Ford 3000 hydraulics problem #5  
yep.. could be filter. could be low on oil.. colapsed suction line, broken coupling between pump and crankshaft adapter.. etc.

2 lift cyls and one bucket tilt cyl isn't all that uncommon.

my superior brand, 'utility' model loader on a 1955 ford 850 has the exact same setup. 2 DA cyls on the lift arms, and a single DA cyl on the bucket tilt/curl.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 hydraulics problem #6  
here are various shots of my superior loader.. as you can see it has a front stinger pump, 2 lift cyls, and a single bucket cyl.

I have since added a hay spear in the front bucket to lift hay bales instead of having to belt them into the bucket like that one.

also shows you how capable these laoders are.. even on the older tractors.

I just unloaded that gooseneck trailer full of 5x5 tightly rolled round bales of hay. I'd guess they were right near 2000# each... loader did it fine..

soundguy

Attachments

• a32417.jpg
    a32417.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,391
  • a32421.jpg
    a32421.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 392
  • a32424.jpg
    a32424.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,118
  • a32416.jpg