Ford 1710

/ Ford 1710 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello,
I have no tractor experience. I bought this tractor to mow 6 acres and groom 34 acres of wooded trails it is 4wd and has a front-end loader, it has 480 hours on it. original paint and it looks new. Now I need to know what mower to buy for it and what size mower and other attatchments will it handle?
Thank you.

/ Ford 1710 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what size mower and other attatchments will it handle )</font>

My personal opinion? Measure the width of the tractor at the widest point - outside edge of rear tires, then shop for most implements in the next size wider. Is the 6 acres lawn? If so, sounds like you need a finish mower and my preference would be a rear discharge model. For the 34 acres, a rotary cutter (aka: brush hog or shredder). Too many good brands and too much variation in price to recommend a particular brand; depends on your needs, preferences, and budget.

/ Ford 1710 #3  
I agree with Bird on this one. Here is some information about your tractor if you need it.

Ford 1710

Manufactured: 1983 - 1986
Cost: $8,859 (1986)
Horsepower:
Drawbar: 20
PTO: 24
Engine:
Fuel: diesel
Cylinders: 3
Displacement: 85.2
Manufacturer: Shibura
Transmission:
Forward: 12
Reverse: 4
Capacity:
Fuel (Gal):
3-Point:
Category: I
Tires:
Front: 5.00-15
Rear: 11.2-24

Weight: 2470 lbs

Serial Numbers:

murph

/ Ford 1710 #5  
Ron
I have a 1710 also and bought a KK 5' finish mower and it works great. I have been told a 6' finish mower should not present a problem ,but do not go over 5' brush hog.A six foot back blade works good also.
As far as the trails if they are already built a 5' box scraper should do fine in maintaining them

All I have had to do to mine is adjust the clutch and replace the water pump

BTW my tractor has 1565 hours on it,they are a good tractor just remember its a 25 HP tractor not a 100 HP bulldozer

You can do a lot with a 25 HP tractor it just takes longer

Good luck and if you have any question let me know

Bartman

/ Ford 1710 #6  
I had a 1710 for a number of years until I traded it for a 2120. I used a 5' Bush Hog Squealer on it and mowed down all kinds of heavy brush. It was a good tractor and i never had any mechanical problems with it. I would not go over a 5' bush hog. Enjoy

Andy

/ Ford 1710
Thanks again For all your help.
Its nice to know you guys are out their. I am sure I will need more help in the future. Thanks again Ron