Winter with tc34da and tz22da

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #1  

expedoman55

Bronze Member
Howdy. We are the happy owners of a TC34 and TZ22. Bigblue and babyblue respectively of course. This is our first year with the TC34 through a winter. In the past I have simply treated the fuel with HEET and been ok. The TC34 has a block heater. I plan to use it with the bucket for big snow clean up and the put blower on the tz as usual. Do I need to keep the tc34 plugged in all the time ? Oh also.. I do not have access to agr. diesel and buy mine at the local truck stop. Do I need to treat that with heet ? as I have been doing or is that overkill as I understand the retailers treat the fuel as well. Thanks

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #2  
I would use a good fuel treatment such as Power service or Howards. I would not leave the tractor pluged in. Plug it in a hour before you need it or put it on a timer.
Bill

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #3  
I have had no real problems with my local high volume diesel service stations (once suppliers/distributors finally figured out the" correct" cold weather additive mix for ULSD fuel years ago). I run my block heater for about the length of time I can consume 2 - 3 cups of coffee prior to cold weather operation. I also use PowerService year-round.

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #4  
Howdy. We are the happy owners of a TC34 and TZ22. Bigblue and babyblue respectively of course. This is our first year with the TC34 through a winter. In the past I have simply treated the fuel with HEET and been ok. The TC34 has a block heater. I plan to use it with the bucket for big snow clean up and the put blower on the tz as usual. Do I need to keep the tc34 plugged in all the time ? Oh also.. I do not have access to agr. diesel and buy mine at the local truck stop. Do I need to treat that with heet ? as I have been doing or is that overkill as I understand the retailers treat the fuel as well. Thanks

Heet is methyl alchohol and it should not be used to treat diesel! Alchohol is har on seals etc and it's hygroscopic( attracts moisture).

Use something approved for diesel use like Power Service, Stanadyne, Howe's etc.

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #5  
Heater on my TC30 recommends 3-4 hours. Put mine on a timer. Works great!

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #6  
Heater on my TC30 recommends 3-4 hours. Put mine on a timer. Works great!

I can not drink that much coffee! I would be so "energized" that I would shovel the snow ;).

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #7  
I never plug my TC55DA in, even so it has a block heater. Only thing I do is treat the fuel with Power Service (white bottle). She starts every time no problem.

/ Winter with tc34da and tz22da #8  
No do not use Heet that's strictly for gas, you need Diesel Fuel Treatment.
DevilDog