TC24D loses power

/ TC24D loses power #1  

jlema

Tractor
2007 New Holland TC24d
I changed the fuel filter and bled the system and it started and ran but would not go to full revs. Then it just died. Anyone know what might have happened?

/ TC24D loses power #2  
You don't have all the air out of the system. Bleed it again. Crack the lines for the injectors at the injectors. Did you turn the fuel back on.
Bill

/ TC24D loses power
I didn't bleed the injectors but it ran for about 4 or five minutes before it started slowing down and then dying. I thought all the air would be gone because it ran that long. But I will retry everything and bleed injectors this time. Thanks.

/ TC24D loses power #4  
I agree with Bill. Probably, there was an air gap at the top of the filter that got pulled into the injector pump a little while after you re-started the engine. I'd do a good bleed of the system and try again.

/ TC24D loses power #5  
I changed the fuel filter and bled the system and it started and ran but would not go to full revs. Then it just died. Anyone know what might have happened?

Start at the filter and make sure that you bleed all the air out of it . Then go on to the pump, if it has a bleeder, and then to the injectors

/ TC24D loses power
Thanks for the advice. I hope it's gets warm enough in a little while to get it running.