The show must go on!

/ The show must go on! #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
So what do you do when your loader joystick breaks off on the job? Improvise of course! :D
LoaderControl.jpg

/ The show must go on! #2  
hey.. a splint with a hose clamp has fixed many a thing. good job!

/ The show must go on! #4  
RD, you can read my full (and very long) thread about the No Joy Joystick that started in March of 2001. I finally replaced the joystick with a new one that has a much improved design and have had no failures since. I've attached a photo below that shows we are "brothers" in southern engineering.:laughing:

Attachments

• NewJoy.jpg
    NewJoy.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 356
   / The show must go on!
RD, you can read my full (and very long) thread about the No Joy Joystick that started in March of 2001. I finally replaced the joystick with a new one that has a much improved design and have had no failures since. I've attached a photo below that shows we are "brothers" in southern engineering.:laughing:

"Southern engineering" is not exactly what my wife called it! :D

I followed your link Jim. Seems that New Holland learned nothing between 2001 and 2006, which is the year of my TC35D. I tightened and replaced screws forever, finally was only able to use one screw, then none. The shaft came loose a couple of years ago at the bottom. I "gently" wacked the snot out of it downward where it stuck like glue. I used a one-hose-clamp splint for the last few months after I saw a crack developing where it broke yesterday.

Fart - You'll be happy to know that duct tape is indeed in play (for the time being.) Three metal brick-tie splints, two hose clamps, a strip of rubber insulation and black duct tape to cover it up will have to do for now. I had a job today and I'm booked next week. Can't let the customers see my "Southern engineering"! ;)

/ The show must go on! #7  
Good to know, RD. I just did some "body work" on my car on the places in the bumper that a bear tore out a few years ago when I stupidly left an unopened bag of bird seed in the trunk overnight. Darn duct tape gets funny after a couple years.. Bears have some sense of smell, too.

The shuttle on my little tractor loader is much different from yours, btw. I had an adventure with mine this fall when a little pin broke in the shuttle and I patched it (sans duct tape) because the replacement part was over $300.

/ The show must go on! #8  
RD, the "damage" is not too bad on a whole new joystick assy including the shaft, plastic handle, and rabbit/turtle switch. Messicks.com shows it to be part number 86400438 @ $136.90.

/ The show must go on!
RD, the "damage" is not too bad on a whole new joystick assy including the shaft, plastic handle, and rabbit/turtle switch. Messicks.com shows it to be part number 86400438 @ $136.90.

Shoot...I have half that in "rigging" on it now! McMasters quoted me $148 and change this morning, so I have one coming in on Wednesday. It's supposed to be raining, so maybe I can get it replaced. I've been busy and repairs are stacking up! I haven't yet tackled the leaking fuel pump deal. That one has me a bit nervous!

/ The show must go on! #10  
A replacement being $148, and me being a cheapskate I would have taken a different route. After extending the round rod a little and putting a ball on the end, I would be using the RT switch on the fender.:D
Then again if everyone was like me the economy would tank overnight.:laughing:

Best of luck, Bill