Cruise control broke

/ Cruise control broke #1  

Nik

Gold Member
Tractor
B3030 Kubota HST
My father has a TC33 with about 10 hrs. Took It for a spring ride and noticed the cruise control did not work. I would press the button on but it would not hold the set speed and the green light would not stay on. I think it worked when the tractor was delivered in November. I guess the problem could be the switch as it does not seem to click on firmly as in the off position. Even when I held the switch down in the on position the green light would go on but the speed wouldn't hold. The dealer ordered a new switch and would have us replace it as he is about 20 miles away. Is the switch difficult to pull out of its mounted position or requires special care to remove? I do not mind replacing it myself it is fairly easy to remove and would save the hassle of transporting the tractor back to the dealer. Has anyone else had problems with the cruise control switch? Thanks.

/ Cruise control broke #2  
Nik, If its like most other panel front switches, its held in by side spring clips. you need to get behind the switch and squeeze the sides in a bit and it'll lift out. Once the switch is out, You'll most likely be looking at push on connectors. Just do one at a time switch from switch to switch and you'll be okay.

I'd be thinking its not the switch if the light glows when you position it to cruise. I'd be looking at the cruise relay which should have a holding circuit. I believe the switch is a momentary on with pilot light.....But I may be wrong, and if so.... someone will jump in !!!

/ Cruise control broke #3  
Nik............check the disconnect switch on the brake pedal linkage.....The cruise on my '33 would come on but shut off if you hit even the slightest bump.....Many times it would'nt come on at all.........The switch mounts with two hex head bolts in a sliding bracket...Loosened up the bolts on mine and slid the switch in toward the pedals to make more contact....you just have to depress the brake pedals a bit more to disengage the cruise but after the adjustment my cruise works flawless.....Takes about 10 minutes for the entire adjustment.............TOM

/ Cruise control broke #4  
Throwing parts at it probably won't fix it. As suggested, the brake pedal switch is probably out of adjustment. Have your dealer troubleshoot and correct the problem, or do it yourself.

/ Cruise control broke #5  
Nik,

Has it ever worked?

The reason I ask is my TC33D did the same thing but I didn't realize it for about a week because it took me that long to try the cruise. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It turned out that when the dealer installed the loader they disconnected a wiring harness and forgot to re connect it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Look under the break pedals againt the tractor and you will see a harness. Check that this is plugged in correctly. You might unplug and replug it.

Here are a couple of pics of the harness.

Harness from above brake pedals
Harness up close

Hope this helps.