Oil & Fuel Ford 1200 4 x 4 Front Differential

/ Ford 1200 4 x 4 Front Differential #1  

jimb1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 4 x 4, Ford 4100 4 x 4, Ford 3000 4 x 4, Ford 1200 4 x 4.
Where is the Central (Diff Housing) Oil Filler Plug? (and the Level Plug, if they are not the same) - can't find it in the Parts Book.

/ Ford 1200 4 x 4 Front Differential #2  
When looking from the front of the tractor: There is a bolt on top of the left side shaft. This should be the fill hole, newer models (1210) had a dip-stick there, the 1200 do not have a dip stick. The drain plug is on the center housing lower front. Fill by capacity amount of: 1.5 L or 1.6 US Qt.
Front axle reduction case has it's own fill bolt, 1 for each side. Cap. .2 L or 0.21 US qt. From service manual FO-44. You may want to verify at your local repair shop.
More Questions?

/ Ford 1200 4 x 4 Front Differential
Thanks rayikeo - Do you know whether there is a level plug? I have a small oil leak (needs a new O ring on the Shaft end - will do when I get time). Meanwhile I'd like to keep it topped up!

/ Ford 1200 4 x 4 Front Differential #4  
Thanks rayikeo - Do you know whether there is a level plug? I have a small oil leak (needs a new O ring on the Shaft end - will do when I get time). Meanwhile I'd like to keep it topped up!
No level plug to my knowledge. Thats why they went to a dip-stick on the 1210. Try taking out the plug and inserting a dowell rod or something similar and see if iit comes out with oil on it. Then make sure it doesn't get any lower than the first measurement. Or as an option drain and refill, then insert the dowell rod and mark it with a level mark to use like a dip-stick to remeasure later. If it comes up dry the first time, beter to drain and refill.

/ Ford 1200 4 x 4 Front Differential #5  
You might check oil quantity needed as specified by NH, drain completely, measure the right amount of oil in a jug, fill and then use some home made dipstick and mark the proper level for future checking.

JC,