Tractor
    Ford 2310

Default 1983 - Ford 2310 Hydraulics

My hydraulic lift will not work at all. In the service manual, it lists the "flow control valve binding" as one of the items to check. I tried but cannot move the flow control selector valve.(The hand adjustment to make your hydraulic fast or slow) What/how should I proceed from here? How do I take it apart and what do I do to fix it?

Another question - Is their a recommended video, or manual that deals with hydraulics for this type of tractor? I see some for the 8n type but how about the newer ones?

Last question - Is it OK to put diesel fuel in a plastic gas can? This is my first diesel and I was wondering if the fuel reacts in any way to the plastic.

I'm done (for now) Thanks.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: 1983 - Ford 2310 Hydraulics

<font color="blue"> Last question - Is it OK to put diesel fuel in a plastic gas can? This is my first diesel and I was wondering if the fuel reacts in any way to the plastic. </font>
    Stop by your local Tractor Supply and pick up a yellow, plastic, 5 gallon container. No problems with storing diesel fuel.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Yep.. black cans for oil, red for gas, yellow for deisel, and blue for kerosene... plastic is fine.

Soundguy

Tractor
    2001 New Holland TC40D w/16LA loader

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Stop by your local Tractor Supply and pick up a yellow, plastic, 5 gallon container. )</font>

Walmart has them for less $.

Also, the one I got from TSC has a flexible filler neck that you push back into the can to close the lid. When you pull it out, it pulls fuel out with it that gets all over your hands. Walmart's have a solid filler neck that stays out of the can and is self-venting.

I started a thread a couple months ago about removing the smell of diesel from your hands. Bottom line advice from everyone: NOT getting it on there to begin with is easier than removing it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mark

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( NOT getting it on there to begin with is easier than removing it
    )</font>

Ditto. Even gojo / fast orange don't do justice at removing deisel or gas smell... I hate having that linger on my hands after working on the tractor...

Soundguy