TC30 hydraulic pump

/ TC30 hydraulic pump #1  

emorris

Tractor
newholland tc30
Since it was nice today I decided to do some work with my TC30. It has been setting for a couple of months due to the cold weather. I noticed that when I lifted up my box blade the hydraulic pump made a noise like it was under a strain, but stopped after the lift arms raised. I figured that it was just cold so I let the tractor warm up and went to work, but each time I lift the 3pt hitch up the pump makes the same noise. It sounds like the pump is straining or not getting enough fluid. I also noticed that the faster the engine is running the louder it is. Once the lift arms go all the way up the noise stops, but the arms raises most of the up and after a short pause they raise the rest of the way. The tractor has been sitting for about two months. A few months ago I was digging some post holes and I had the lift arm turnbuckle unscrewed a little too far. The post hole auger caught on somthing and pulled the turnbuckle apart. In a knee jerk reaction I pulled the life control lever up, but I quickly turned the tractor off.

/ TC30 hydraulic pump #2  
I am no expert on this stuff. My TC 30 would squeal/squawk when I used the FEL. I changed the hydraulic filter and replaced the fluid I lost and the squeal/squawk went away.