Front Tire Came off the rim

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #1  

DiverDarrell

First Oops with the TC40Da, need to pay better attention to the tire pressure ended up driving backwards to the barn skidding on the bucket to get closer to my tools. The Tire ended up sideways in the rim, requiring taking the rim off.

Once off, prybars easily got one side situated, the other side required some more effort, No luck with soap, got sick of messing with it and out came the rim grease. Should have started with it. Then a ratchet strap around the tire to set the bead, a little air. Released the ratchet strap, now under a lot more tension as it flew past my head. Finished filling it up, and back to the field i headed.

Other than my dirtbike, this is the first tire mounting i have done solo, seen a few done when i was a kid on the farm, but that was long ago.

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #2  
sounds like you have it down pat.

it works well when a person will think it thru and not get frazzled.

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #3  
Did the same thing to my dads JD 4720, only in -30*f with 40mph gusts, making things absolutely horrible. I wasn't as eager as you, I took the tire to the truck stop and let them remount it for me. :) I learned that day that you gotta keep them aired up. Nice work taking care of business yourself. Now I may have to get some bead soap if that ever happens to me again.

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #4  
I lost the bead twice on my TC45D, but never rolled the tire off the rim. I did have to remove one bead on the tire to put a boot inside after I ran over a beaver stob. I also added an inner tube at the same time and that tire now holds air the best of all tires on my tractor. Having a tube inside sure helps to set the bead.;):D

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #5  
I once went after a 55 gallon barrel of diesel, had the barrel sitting on a pallet, and when I unloaded it with the forks mounted on the front of the bucket on the FEL on the B2710, I forgot to increase the air pressure first in my front tires. A sharp turn rolled the bead loose on the right front tire. After that I remembered to increase air pressure in the front tires before lifting heavy loads.:laughing:

/ Front Tire Came off the rim
Still had air in it today, looks like i got the bead sealed good. And yes I did check the pressure:thumbsup: before rolling out of the barn.

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #7  
This happened to me with the front wheel on a J-D 425. When the tire rolled loose fron the rim the tire filled up with mud. What a mess.

/ Front Tire Came off the rim #9  
if it happens again.. tube it.. ;)