Ford 4500 ?????? please help

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help #1  

ohbuckhunter

Tractor
ford 4500
Please help. I have a Ford 4500 dont know the exact year but i need to replace a few things. 1 of them being a head gasket. It a gas tractor if that helps. The other thing I need to replace is the fuel shut off on the Tank. Im looking on Messick to try to figure out the parts i need but im more confused looking at that than anything. 16 bucks for the fuel shut off seems cheap for the whole thing but it could be my lucky day. Can someone please help me on these few ? Thanks
Dave

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help #2  
Please help. I have a Ford 4500 dont know the exact year but i need to replace a few things. 1 of them being a head gasket. It a gas tractor if that helps. The other thing I need to replace is the fuel shut off on the Tank. Im looking on Messick to try to figure out the parts i need but im more confused looking at that than anything. 16 bucks for the fuel shut off seems cheap for the whole thing but it could be my lucky day. Can someone please help me on these few ? Thanks
Dave

You'll need to find the serial number of the tractor to find the year. Sometimes that's important, sometimes not. Go to messicks website and look up the parts list for the tractor and get the part number for the gas engine head gasket. If is says used on serial number XXXXXX to YYYYYY then your serial number is important. It's found stamped on a a flat spot where the engine and transmission bolt together on the right hand side. Same with the tank valve.
Once you find the part numbers, then you order the parts. It's that simple.

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help #3  
You will find a date code in the same place as the serial number. It be series of numbers and letters eg 7J 23 B. In this example the year would be 1967, december the 23 on B shift. Hope this helps.

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help #4  
   / Ford 4500 ?????? please help #5  
probably all the tank taps from 65-2000 for the larger machines fit.. and the head gasket for the gasser 4 cyl is going to be the same in that engine size range ( 4xxx) .

soundguy

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help
Sound guy. Mine is a 3 cyl

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help #7  
i meant 3 cyl when I typed head gasket.. lil buttons.. big fingers.

point was them 3 cyl engines are in family sizes.. etc..

soundguy

/ Ford 4500 ?????? please help #8  
head gasket is the same for the gas and diesel you just need to know if it 4.4 bore or 4.2 bore cylinders