Backhoe New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #1  

lcfd8

Tractor
New Holland TC-40
Hello again from the north east. Need to ask for your help again. As you know I bought this tractor with the backhoe. I am trying to figure out how to remove the backhoe. I think I have it figured out but can't find any youtube video to show me.
I think that I pull the pins on the sub frame in front, put down the stabilzers, disconnect the hydraulic hoses and drive away.

Is this correct???

Bought this second hand from a JD dealer, he was no help with anything

Thanks

Randy:confused2:

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #2  
If you were to buy operator's manuals for the tractor, backhoe and maybe even the loader, many of your questions would be answered.

http://www.dmcretail.com/newholland/

Pull the pins, use the stabilizers to take the load off the rear saddle mount. Drive forward about 4 inches so the saddle clears, then lower the backhoe frame slowly to the ground. Shut off the tractor, disconnect both hydraulic hoses and connect the power beyond hose to its connection near the hydraulic diverter blck.

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #3  
If you were to buy operator's manuals for the tractor, backhoe and maybe even the loader, many of your questions would be answered.

Choose Items

Pull the pins, use the stabilizers to take the load off the rear saddle mount. Drive forward about 4 inches so the saddle clears, then lower the backhoe frame slowly to the ground. Shut off the tractor, disconnect both hydraulic hoses and connect the power beyond hose to its connection near the hydraulic diverter blck.

I would only add that in addition to using the stabilizers, use the flat side of the bucket on the ground to make a tripod. With the stabilizers down, you can use the bucket to raise or lower the BH frame. You will use this same technique to re-mount the BH.

Also be sure to remove the BH on a smooth level surface to make re-mounting easier. It takes a little practice, but it is really pretty easy.

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe
Thanks for all of your help!!!:thumbsup:

Could you please explain the hydraulic hose connection near the diverter blk.....

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #5  
Thanks for all of your help!!!:thumbsup:

Could you please explain the hydraulic hose connection near the diverter blk.....

On my TC33D there is a hose with a male QC (Quick Connect) that follows the sub frame of the backhoe forward and connects to a hose coming from the joystick. When you disconnect this hose you need to connect the hose coming from the joystick to a male QC that is located on a block just behind the front wheel. I believe it's this block that Rick is referring to as the hydraulic diverter block.

Good luck and let us know how you made out. From my experience it is 3 times easier to remove the backhoe than it is to put it back on. As was mentioned a level surface is a huge advantage. When you are going to install the backhoe, backing up over the sub frame squarely and lining everything up before you connect the hydraulic hoses also helps. Every time you do it you will get better and it will be an easier task.

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #6  
Randy, I have a NH1920 with the 758c and the first time I attempted to take it off I found that the cross member onthe BH had rusted onto the C channel. It took a little bit of effort to get it to break free. Take your time and I found it is a lot quicker if you have 2 competent people to re-install it. I am also sending you a PM. Bill C

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #7  
I found out the hard way that you also have to make sure the C channel isn't stuffed with grass and debris when you want to put the BH on.

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #8  
or the receiver in the back is bent, because I went over a wood stump.

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #9  
try to find and get the manual for the BH.

Have nice 6# hammer with you.

I have removed and reinstalled mine several times. By myself and with a helper. Helper is real nice, mostly for a spotter as you don't have to get on and off several times.

Level ground is quite important. You should also have some cribbing to hold the back hoe up once the hydro. pressure bleeds off.

The long hydro. line that goes to the front, about mid engine, is disconnected after you move forward a few inches. Where it disconnects you need to plug it back in to another quick connecter. If not done you loose all your remote hyro's.

PM me if you like and I may be able to scan some of the manual.

/ New Holland TC-40 w/758 backhoe #10  

http://www.dmcretail.com/newholland/

Thats not true - I have the manuals for the NH tractor, the 758C (as well as 757A-C and 759C) manuals and there is no info on removing or mounting the BH. It tells how to operate, shows parts, gives lots of warning - but notheing on mounting or even on the Frame itself (installation and removal)