Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D

/ Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D #1  

raw23062

Hey guys, sorry, I tried to find a thread already dealing with my question but didn't find the answer to my exact question. I'm sure it's out there, I just didn't find it. So anyway....I am replacing all of the filters on my TC35D and when I came to the HST filter I noticed the NAPA Gold filter I bought looks pretty different from the NH one that was on there. The gasket size is the same but the NH one is a little wider and has fewer filter holes. They are slightly larger in diameter but it has fewer. Of course the guy at the NAPA store said it would be fine and I double checked that it is the one it calls for but I just wanted to ask you guys. I also got some of the NAPA Hydraulic/Transmission fluid that states it exceeds the requirements for the 134 fluid. So I figured that would be fine to use as well. The oil filter was already a NAPA one so I went back with the one that was already on it. It called for a different one but it was smaller than the one on it, so I went with the one already there. The hydraulic filter appeared to be about the same as the NH one I removed. Anyway, thanks for any advice.

Randy

/ Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D #2  
Hey guys, sorry, I tried to find a thread already dealing with my question but didn't find the answer to my exact question. I'm sure it's out there, I just didn't find it. So anyway....I am replacing all of the filters on my TC35D and when I came to the HST filter I noticed the NAPA Gold filter I bought looks pretty different from the NH one that was on there. The gasket size is the same but the NH one is a little wider and has fewer filter holes. They are slightly larger in diameter but it has fewer. Of course the guy at the NAPA store said it would be fine and I double checked that it is the one it calls for but I just wanted to ask you guys. I also got some of the NAPA Hydraulic/Transmission fluid that states it exceeds the requirements for the 134 fluid. So I figured that would be fine to use as well. The oil filter was already a NAPA one so I went back with the one that was already on it. It called for a different one but it was smaller than the one on it, so I went with the one already there. The hydraulic filter appeared to be about the same as the NH one I removed. Anyway, thanks for any advice.

Randy

NAPA filters are made by Wix. If they cross with the correct OEM filter numbers you should be good to go. Same with the fluid, just make sure it meets your OEM's spec for the fluid. The lastest spec is M2C134D, I believe.

/ Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D
Well that was my line of thinking as well but I felt just uneasy enough after servicing the machine that I wanted to get some more thoughts on it. I kept thinking I was smelling fluid and hearing abnormal hydraulic whines but I'm 99.9% sure I was being paranoid. I don't see any leaks and everything seems to function properly.

/ Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D #4  
Well that was my line of thinking as well but I felt just uneasy enough after servicing the machine that I wanted to get some more thoughts on it. I kept thinking I was smelling fluid and hearing abnormal hydraulic whines but I'm 99.9% sure I was being paranoid. I don't see any leaks and everything seems to function properly.

Remember this is a tractor not the Space Shuttle!

Ha ha....yeah yeah, I hear ya....I can't help it, I've always been a little OCD when it comes to taking care of my stuff.

/ Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D #6  
Ha ha....yeah yeah, I hear ya....I can't help it, I've always been a little OCD when it comes to taking care of my stuff.

Nothing wrong with taking good care of your equipment but don't get paranoid about it. Tractors are supposed to make your life easier not give you another thing to worry about.
Now get out there and do your spring work!

Are you kidding me?? I wasn't THAT paranoid! haha! I've been on it every afternoon til dark for weeks!

/ Sorry...but ANOTHER filter question..TC35D #9  
I think that NAPA hyr/trans. oil will be compatible with NH's ambra fluid' BUT I would be very cautious about the filter. New Holland had a problem with their filters in cold weather,and revised them, not sure that the NAPA filter would be exactly the same'; better check with your NH dealer; If you think he would be biased, contact Messick's; they will set you right on the filer issue.