hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35

/ hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35 #4  
I have used a Post Hole Digger (PHD) mounted to the 3-point hitch on my TC33D a number of times with 6" and 9" augers. In nice soil, no rocks bigger than a softball, and not a lot of clay or shale it works like a dream.

The fun begins when you start to introduce the clay, rocks and shale. By fun I mean breaking shear pins and having to use a large pipe wrench to twist the auger out. I can see the advantage of the hydraulic driven PHD because you can reverse it as long as you haven't broken a shear pin.

Are you looking to mount it on your bucket or the 3-point hitch?

To me the bucket of my TC33D or should I say the structure (hydraulic cylinders, pivot points, long arms) just doesn't seem sturdy enough. If you mount it on the bucket I would think when you dig (especially if you hit hard stuff) the entire structure is going to be dancing around which can't be good for it. Maybe on a bigger tractor this is not an issue.

/ hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35 #5  
I have a customer with a MacMillen hydraulic PHD mounted on his TC40D/16LA. No problems after several years of farm use.

/ hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35 #6  
jjbath: Are you aware that you put TC35 in your title and TC55 in your post? I'm sure you mean TC55 which has over 2 gpm more flow than the TC35. I would look at the auger manufacturer's specs and use that as a guide.

/ hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35 #7  
I have a customer with a MacMillen hydraulic PHD mounted on his TC40D/16LA. No problems after several years of farm use.

Do you know which model McMillen? I have the same tractor/FEL (in the Case version), and it may help the OP (and me!) if you could post a model number to look up the specs on.

HH

/ hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35
jjbath: Are you aware that you put TC35 in your title and TC55 in your post? I'm sure you mean TC55 which has over 2 gpm more flow than the TC35. I would look at the auger manufacturer's specs and use that as a guide.

Yes, I just traded in my tc35 for the 55. Still have the 35 on my brain.

/ hydraulic post hole auger on a TC35 #10  
I'm going to mount it to a QA plate.

Mounted on the loader, you will have long runs of hoses 12' to 15' long. I don't know this for sure, but probably 1/2" hose would supply better flow than 3/8" hose. I really have no experience with with how the QA plate augers are set up, but it's worth checking/asking to be sure you get the correct setup. One thing I know for sure. !/2" hoses are far harder to route and deal with than 3/8" hoses. However, if they make a big difference, you have to consider them. Your rear remotes on the tractor will be 1/2" quick-connects.