Tires Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33 #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
How many of you have loaded rear tires on a TC25/29/30/33? If so,

How much weight does it add?

Why do you have them loaded?

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33 #2  
My TC18 R4's are loaded (12.5X16.5). Not sure what their "dry weight" was, but the rim+tire+rim guard = 280#. I suspect that loading them with Rim guard (11#/gal) added 150-200# per tire.

Even with the rears loaded, my TC18 requries three point weight to use max lift capacity on the Loader.

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33
In my case I'd prefer not to load the tires or use wheel weights. I don't want the extra weight on the tractor when I'm not using the FEL. I'd prefer to add the weight on the 3pt. I'm just trying to get an idea of when I will need it, how much weight I'll need, and why folks use loaded tires vs wheel weights vs 3pt hitch weight.

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33 #4  
In my opinion whenever a loader is installed the rear tires should be loaded. In addition to serving as a counterbalance to what ever is in the bucket, loaded tires provide a great deal of side to side stability that will help pervent tiping the machine.

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33 #5  
Weight on a tractor will help traction.

Weight low to the ground helps to stabilize the tractor - lower is better, both from side rollovers, and keeping the weighted end down.

So, fluid in tires is very popular because it is very low, really stablizes the machine, and is out of the way. Note that antifreeze solutions are lighter than water, while real tire liquids are heavier than water, doing a better job.

Rear wheel weights are nice because you can remove the weights easily when you don't want the weight. But the center of gravity is slightly higher than with fluid.

A rear weight box is mostly only for conter-balancing a loader. In addition to the weight keeping the rear end down, it also acts like a teeter-totter with the rear axle as fulcrum and takes some weight of the front axle. They are popular because you can build them many different ways, add or decrease weight as needed if it's a box, build in storage for tools, chains, shovels, and so on.

Some people just use their heaviest 3-point implement as a rear weight and this woks ok, but for me I work in very tight locations and I would not want to be banging up my walls & fences, as well as the implement.

In your case you might want the stability of some fluid (you can go 50% intsead of a full load of 75% fluid) plus get a rear weight box for when the loader is on.

Since my computer locked up while typing this message the first time, I will post it on both your messages. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33 #6  
I have a Tc33d with loader and the added weight if they were loaded would be 700lbs. I chose not to have them loaded because I didnt want the extra weight on the grass leaving marks. I will use an implement when Im using the loader. My other tractor however does have loaded tires and I wouldnt go without because I use that for mostly in dirt and need the traction and counter weight. It depends on what your gonna use the tractor for most. On grass and mowing or spreading fertilizer in spring and things of that nature I would go not loaded but in dirt using loader frequently I would go loaded. Loaded is by far the best added weight but is a pain to get rid of if you want light weight for grass. I will say that the tires should always be filled above the rims when loaded which is about 75% full. Half full will make the fluid slosh around awful and is not recommended.

Roto

/ Loaded tires on TC25/29/30/33 #7  
Doing loader work with insufficient rear ballast will place increased strain on front axle drive components, as the front will have substantially more traction than the rear.