Ford 7740 Hour Meter Problem. Please Help.

/ Ford 7740 Hour Meter Problem. Please Help. #1  

dparks58

Tractor
Ford 7740
I have a Ford 7740 and the hour meter just recently stopped working at about 1560 hours. The tach and all the other guages work fine. All the guages seem to be powered electrically, but the hour meter itself is mechanical, not digital. Does anyone know where the hour meter gets it signal? Do the tach and hour meter get their feed from the same place? That might indicate that the hour meter itself is broken/stuck since the tach works. I would really appreciate any help.

/ Ford 7740 Hour Meter Problem. Please Help. #2  
I have a Ford 7740 and the hour meter just recently stopped working at about 1560 hours. The tach and all the other guages work fine. All the guages seem to be powered electrically, but the hour meter itself is mechanical, not digital. Does anyone know where the hour meter gets it signal? Do the tach and hour meter get their feed from the same place? That might indicate that the hour meter itself is broken/stuck since the tach works. I would really appreciate any help.

yes the feed off the same place

/ Ford 7740 Hour Meter Problem. Please Help.
Thank you. I may take it apart then and see if I can figure out why its not turning. Someone posted earlier in another forum that they had the same tractor with the same problem and that a plastic gear in the counter had broken a tooth. It may be a problem common to this tractor. Thanks again.