Ford 1310

/ Ford 1310 #1  

lteez

Tractor
yanmar
I have been looking at a Ford 1300 and a John deere 650 I just need something for light stuff like grading my road and maybe plowing a garden the john deere has 2100 hrs and the ford has 991 hrs both are 2 wheel dr the ford is $600 more than the JD. Thanks for ur help im a newbie at the tractor knowledge:confused2:

/ Ford 1310 #2  
They both spec about the same. Might have an easier time with major part for Deere than Ford of that vintage. They both are capable of your need. I'd personally go with a lower hr Ford. 1000 hrs for a tractor is an eternity for casual use. what is the asking price for the deere? did you check them both? a well maintained 2100 hrs tractor is certainly better than a neglected 900 hr one.

JC,

TractorData.com John Deere 650 tractor information

TractorData.com Ford 1300 tractor information

/ Ford 1310
They want $2600 for the JD and $3300 for the ford the ford was only used for bushhogging it was a trade in the owner wanted a front loader

/ Ford 1310 #4  
They want $2600 for the JD and $3300 for the ford the ford was only used for bushhogging it was a trade in the owner wanted a front loader

I'd personally go with the Ford as bushhogging only is a breeze for the tractor if no issue with lubrication and heat dissipation. Heck, you can't buy a decent zero turn mower for the price. 1310 which does have live pto is heck of lot of machine in comparison to any throw away mower.

JC,

Last edited:
   / Ford 1310
I really was buying a compact because I have a long driveway and I eed to drag it 2 to 3 times a year and maybe one day I may want a garden:laughing:

/ Ford 1310 #6  
Which did you buy? I've had my 1310 -W- FEL for a couple of years now. Really cheap in fuel and it never backs down from a job. But, it doesn't like to get too far from the parts store either!

:laughing:

Dave

/ Ford 1310
I brought the 1310 so far haven't put it to work yet I wanted to clean it up and put some fresh paint on it . I brought it from the dealer they had kept the service up. On it the previous owner used it to bush hog

/ Ford 1310 #8  
Never the less, I'd be sure to keep a sharp eye on ALL fluid levels at least for the first month or so. That way you know what it's using and how much. There are lots of "Gotcha's" in there.

Especially keep an sharp eye on the coolant level. Mine eats the stuff and I must top it off every use. I finally broke down and bought a non contact thermometer so I can monitor engine temp during operation... Trust me, you don't want to even think about replacing the head on one of these things. Ford retails them for $2k.

I also had a leak on the right steering knuckle. It turns out the seals are installed backward from the factory. Later, the other side started leaking. I guess the previous owner was oblivious to this and didn't keep the front end lube up. I had to replace a bearing there too. I was lucky in that I caught it before it tried to self destruct.

Does yours have a Front End Loader? (FEL)

Dave

/ Ford 1310
No mine doesn't have a FEL it's 2wheel drive thanks for the info I will make sure to keep an eye on all the fluid levels and watch the front end also:confused2: