14LA front end loader - update

/ 14LA front end loader - update #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
I sent this email to the New Holland email address on their web site:
"I've heard rumors of a new front end loader, called a 14LA, for the Class II Boomers (TC25/29/33). Is there any truth to this? If so, when will it be out? The New Holland dealers around here don't know anything about it."

I got this response:
"Thank you for contacting New Holland North America. The 14LA Loader is under development though we do not have any further information available regarding its release date at this time. For competitive reasons, it is not our policy to disclose any product research and development activity. In the meantime, if you are interested, there is a 7308 loader available for your tractor. When released, the 14LA loader will replace the 7308 loader used on the Class II compact tractors, except the TC30 Economy Tractor -- the TC30 will continue to use the 7308 loader."

I asked a follow up question:
"Will the 14LA only work on new tractors or will it also work on older (existing) ones?"

I got this response:
"The 14LA will work on existing Class II Boomers, not just new ones that come with the 14LA."

So, the rumored 14LA is real, but we'll just have to keep waiting to find out when it comes out.

/ 14LA front end loader - update #2  
see my post uder new boomers for the full scoop

/ 14LA front end loader - update #3  
Mosey, the following caught my attention....

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the 14LA loader will replace the 7308 loader used on the Class II compact tractors, except the TC30 Economy Tractor -- the TC30 will continue to use the 7308 loader.
)</font>

NH does not realize that this sort of statement just sets up a challenge for a guy like me. I have a TC30, also have a fair amount of metal working tools. I can make it fit /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 14LA front end loader - update
Mrwurm - I wish I had your skills. If I get stuck with the M246, it would be handy to be able to redesign parts of their brackets.

/ 14LA front end loader - update #5  
Yes, I have followed that thread about the Bush Hog loader. I am sorry that you are not happy with it. Seems like you made a reasonable effort to see one before you bought it. We all make decisions that we wish we could do over. Some are longer lasting, more expensive, and difficult to live with.

Looking at the pictures, the mounting system is very far forward toward the axle. This is what I believe accounts for the increased capacity. Shorter arms equal more leverage but also shift the load forward.

I hope your meeting with the rep and dealer produces a happy ending.