tc 45 da air conditioning

/ tc 45 da air conditioning #1  

owens123

Tractor
new holland tc45da
I have a tc45dacab tractor with 600 hrs. The air conditioning is blowing warm air. all fuses are ok. i do not hear the compressor going on. any advice on whats wrong. this started overnight.

/ tc 45 da air conditioning #2  
I have a tc45dacab tractor with 600 hrs. The air conditioning is blowing warm air. all fuses are ok. i do not hear the compressor going on. any advice on whats wrong. this started overnight.

Check the belt if that is ok check the voltage to the compressor. May be easier to check the charge pressure just to rule that out. If the refrigerant charge pressure is low the compressor will not kick in.:thumbsup:

/ tc 45 da air conditioning #3  
Maybe all da freezone leaked out. lol

/ tc 45 da air conditioning #4  
Your power to the compressor's clutch probably goes through a pressure controlled switch. I'd check out the power to that pressure switch and see if it is the switch causing the compressor clutch to deenergize. If it is the switch, then you probably need to have your freon level checked. If the compressor clutch is getting power and not engaging, that's a completely different issue, and you need to check out the clutch.

/ tc 45 da air conditioning #5  
I'd put money on it being low on refrigerant. i have to put a can in mine about every spring if i dont run the ac compressor during the winter. the seals dry out a bit and the stuff leaks out.

/ tc 45 da air conditioning
does the compressor have a low pressure switch that needs to be bypassed. it will not take the can of 134 and i do not hear the compressor coming on

/ tc 45 da air conditioning #7  
G'day the system will have a low press switch in it just follow the high press line (small one) from the comp and bridge the two wires tog when you find it. When you get the compressor to run and take in some gas take the bridge out of the switch wire and plug the switch back into the system the compressor should come on if there is enough gas in it

Jon

/ tc 45 da air conditioning
I had to have the repair man come out because its already hot in florida. The compressor was not coming on and no power to the pressure switch. There was power to the on off switch in the cab. The thermastat was the problem located on the roof of the cab. once the compressor worked he was able to measure the pressure and it was ok. cold again