FEL - Class I vs Class II

/ FEL - Class I vs Class II
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hope there was no harm done.
murph )</font>

Don't worry, I didn't feel like you were getting on my case at all! As a matter of fact, I didn't find your post to be slamming anyone. The facts are coming together. I just wish I knew what I know now - about 3 months ago.

/ FEL - Class I vs Class II #12  
Unfortunately I bought before I knew of this discussion group also.

murph

/ FEL - Class I vs Class II #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The 12LA is 1090 lbs and the 7308 is 1020 lbs.)</font>

I wasn't too far off at 1065 - I was too lazy to look it up; I just knew it was a little less than the 12LA at the pivot.

/ FEL - Class I vs Class II #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The 12LA replaces the 7106

The 14LA when it comes out replaces the 7308.

That is why the 7308 shows more lift than the 12LA as it is not apples to apples. The 7308 will not have the lift capacity the 14LA has.

The 12LA has more lift capacity than the 7106 it replaced.)</font>
The original question that was asked was to compare the 12LA to the 7308. The 12LA has a higher capacity at the pivot than the 7308, but a lower capacity at the bucket, or wherever NH measures it - they don't specify (I'll reference it as "@ bucket" for convenience).

12LA @ pivot: 1090.....@ bucket 750
7308 @ pivot: 1020.....@ bucket 865

There's a 340# difference in the 12LA; only a 155# difference in the 7308. I speculated on one possible reason - that NH didn't want the Class I tractors with 12LA to appear to have more capacity than the Class II tractors with 7308, so they understated the 12LA. Another possibility is that the geometry is different with the curved arms vs. the straight arms. Yet another possibility is that they measured them at different places; we'll never know because they don't say.

It is possible to compare the two using the above parameters. It's one of the key comparisons I made when deciding whether to buy Class I or Class II. I knew they were different classes and had different antecedents or heirs. Maybe I didn't state my original case well enough...