Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas

/ Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
I searched this forum but didn't get any hits.

I'm looking for information on where I can get ignition parts, thermostat, filters, etc. for my 65 model 2000 3 cyl gas.

I believe a Motorcraft FL-1 oil filter will work.
The original plug was an Autolite AG5, what is today's equivalent?
Cap, rotor, points, plug wires, etc....can I find them at NAPA?

On the subject of plug wires, I take it they should be copper conductor not the newer style wires correct?

I generally don't like using flex hoses but are molded radiator hoses still available? I didn't see any signs of degradation to the hoses when I looked it over the other day when I bought it but who knows what I'll find on closer inspection.

Whats' the recommended stat temp 160° or something higher?

/ Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas #2  
If you walked into the New Holland dealership where I work tomorrow morning I could sell you all that right off the shelf.
OEM plug wires with the correct plug boot will be silicon/carbon wires.

/ Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas #3  
I have a ford 3000 and I buy a lot of parts online @ Broken Tractor.Com
So far I've got good service but the parts are aftermarket but haven't had any problems with them.

/ Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas
If you walked into the New Holland dealership where I work tomorrow morning I could sell you all that right off the shelf.
OEM plug wires with the correct plug boot will be silicon/carbon wires.

I will find my local dealer and get to know him.

/ Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas #5  
A lot of stuff is avail here carbon plug wires though www.ytmag dot com Filters here www.filter1 dot com

DS

/ Filters and plugs for 65 Ford 2000 3 cyl gas #6  
Make sure you buy the correct wires with the boot that covers the spark plug hole. Otherwise a few years from now when you are digging all the crud out of the hole to get a plug wrench on you will kick yourself for not doing it.
They are not cheap though - even aftermarket.
As for getting at the points what I have found is easiest is to pull all 4 plug wires off the dist cap and pull them out of the way. Then remove the dist cap from the tractor completely. Those 3 cyls are very easy to retime. #1 plug is marked on the dist cap. Firing order is 123 dist turns counter clockwise.

100_03871.jpg