Ford 1500 clutch problem??

/ Ford 1500 clutch problem?? #1  

bigjayfromwa

Tractor
Ford 1500
I have a 1979 1500 4wd.
The thing was running great all morning while I was doing loader work, no problems at all.
I parked it, now its like the clutch won't engage at all??
I've tried pressing the clutch a few times thinking maybe something was sticking, but it still just grinds when I try to put it in gear?

The range shifter works,
But the other one won't engage, without grinding like the clutch isn't engaging??

I just got this tractor about a month ago, it has ALL fresh fluids......

There was no slippage at all before I parked it btw.

Thank you ahead of time!! I'm new here and this is my first post!
I just DON'T want to pull the motor to do a clutch if I don't have too!

/ Ford 1500 clutch problem?? #2  
Try to put it in gear then crank it up, make sure the area is clear in case it moves.
Sometimes even with the clutch pushed in the the main shaft will turn and the gears will grind.

Russell

/ Ford 1500 clutch problem??
I tried that and the tractor starts moving?
Is there anything that could be sticking in the transmission??

I just don't understand how it would just "quit" working?
No pop, crunch, snap noise or slippage at all....

When I drained the hydraulic fluid, I also cleaned the metal filter at the right front of the engine.

Am I missing another filter by chance?
I assumed the rearend, transmission, hydraulics and clutch all go off the same main reservoir?

/ Ford 1500 clutch problem?? #4  
So the tractor moves when in gear and the clutch depressed. Check the clutch adjustment. Do you have free play of about 1 1/2 inches at the top of the pedal?
There are times when the clutch disk "sticks" and does not release. If you search there are several threads about stuck clutch and using a block to keep the clutch depressed while not in use.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/161674-clutch-stuck-ford-1920-a.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../184375-clutch-failure-again-ford-1100-a.html

/ Ford 1500 clutch problem?? #5  
1/2 day is a very short time for the clutch to stick. My money is on clutch adjustment.

/ Ford 1500 clutch problem?? #6  
I am guessing either clutch adjustment or the linkage rod fell off.
Bill