New Holland boomer 2030 wont start

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
My brother in law has a problem with is NH. I seems to have developed the NH PTO light on syndrome. Below is his email and what he found on the internet. I am hoping someone here has the fix for it as it looks like a semi common problem.

"You know the problem with starting the NH and we thought it was not in Neutral? Well I was out in the pasture and now it will not start at all. I went up on the Net to see if anyone had this problem. Another person has the same problem".

Other guys statement: I ran into a problem with my New Holland. It won't start because the PTO safety light is on and won't go off. The battery is fully charged and it will not turn over because the light is on. I went to the local New Holland store and purchased a new sensor switch for the PTO and installed it; however the light still remained on. Since the wiring is connected to the seat sensor I jumped it with a wire thinking that would narrow down the possible options. I came to the conclusion that the PTO sensor which is located directly underneath the PTO lever is working and so is the seat sensor. I checked the 40 amp main fuse with a DVOM and everything checks out. Has anyone ever had this problem and what else can I do? The New Holland dealer can not take the tractor into the shop for another 3 weeks. I really need the tractor working this week for the farm. If anyone has any suggestions or ran into the same problem please let me know.

Brother in law: "My PTO light is on now and I can not get a clicking sound like before. This problem may have been the problem all along. Guess I will call NH dealer tomorrow and see if they have an easy fix for a tractor in the pasture.

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #2  
No klicking at all? Can you turn anything on, like lights for example? Did you check fuses yet?

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #3  
Not sure how the safety system is wired, but if the switch is working I'd check the wiring next. Not sure if that tractor has simple series switches or some sort of control module, but the PTO lamp staying lit indicates the "brains" think the PTO is still engaged...

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #4  
Here are the schematics out of the operators manual.

Solo

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    446.1 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0001.pdf
    628.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0002.pdf
    507.5 KB · Views: 305
   / New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #5  
Here are the schematics out of the operators manual.

Solo

First off, I don't see the PTO lamp on this schematic, so... but it does show the PTO safety switch feeding a parking brake alarm? Does your tractor have the alarm?

Anyway, assuming this schematic is basically correct:

First, check Fuse 1 and Fuse 5.

Assuming you're getting power through those fuses, looks like you need a series of three relays energized to start: 1. relay #8, the "PTO Safety Interlock Relay". 2 relay #2 the "PTO Safety Start Relay", and 3. relay # 1 the neutral start relay.

If any of these relay are not working/energized, looks like you're not going to get juice to the starter....

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #6  
Common problem. The PTO light is the indicator. Fuse #2 is the culprit. Replace it or better yet put a circuit breaker in it's place.

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #7  
Common problem. The PTO light is the indicator. Fuse #2 is the culprit. Replace it or better yet put a circuit breaker in it's place.

Sounds like a man that knows what he's talking about... ;)

/ New Holland boomer 2030 wont start #8  
My Boomer 3045 would not start. Got my meter and started checking continuity of the safety switches. Crawling on my back in the clay, lost some time. Came in here to read this blog. Went back out, turned the key on and sure enough the PTO light was on. Looked at the PTO engagement lever and it was 3/8" forward of the rear stop. Pulled the PTO lever back to the stop and tractor starts just fine. Lesson Learned ...... some times it can be the simplest of things. Yeah, I felt a bit like a fool for over thinking the problem but I was darn happy with the easy fix (this time).