Insurance New Holland T5050 FIRE!!

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!! #1  

jqshaw01

Tractor
L3400
On Sunday after mowing a field for a few hours my T5050 4x4 Cab (08 Model) with less than 200 Hrs was parked in a machinery shed. About 10 minutes after parked there was an explosion and a fire ignited in the cab by the steering column. We were unable to contain the fire and it burnt down the shed and destroyed multiple other pieces of equipment.

Looking for any other examples that may give me some answers or guide me in the right direction on what could have caused this....or anyone that may be able to give me some advice or know of other examples to assist me to find out if there are other New Hollands that caught on fire without explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Email: jqsllc@yahoo.com

Last edited:
   / New Holland T5050 FIRE!! #2  
Oh my, so sorry for your loss.

The first thing that comes to mind in that area of a tractor is electrical. Only a guess but could something have shorted out? Have you ever had problems with mice chewing wires or building nests?

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!! #3  
I know that is certainly a hard loss of such a nice tractor and your other equipment,barn. I have not heard of any NH tractors catching on fire around here but I will let you know if I hear of any.

I did have mice trying to build a nest under the dash of my TD5030. I saw one run out of it. I parked the tractor elsewhere for a couple of weeks.

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!! #4  
Jim ... sorry to hear this. I know nothing and can not do anything other than speculate ... odd that this happen. One may never know what started the fire.

Hope your insured.

/ New Holland T5050 FIRE!! #5  
On Sunday after mowing a field for a few hours my T5050 4x4 Cab (08 Model) with less than 200 Hrs was parked in a machinery shed. About 10 minutes after parked there was an explosion and a fire ignited in the cab by the steering column. We were unable to contain the fire and it burnt down the shed and destroyed multiple other pieces of equipment.

Looking for any other examples that may give me some answers or guide me in the right direction on what could have caused this....or anyone that may be able to give me some advice or know of other examples to assist me to find out if there are other New Hollands that caught on fire without explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Email: jqsllc@yahoo.com

Sorry for your misfortune.

Sometimes chaff builds up around parts of the tractor during mowing and if builds up on hot part it can smolder and catch fire hours later.