Tractor
    L3400

On Sunday after mowing a field for a few hours my T5050 4x4 Cab (08 Model) with less than 200 Hrs was parked in a machinery shed. About 10 minutes after parked there was an explosion and a fire ignited in the cab by the steering column. We were unable to contain the fire and it burnt down the shed and destroyed multiple other pieces of equipment.

Looking for any other examples that may give me some answers or guide me in the right direction on what could have caused this....or anyone that may be able to give me some advice or know of other examples to assist me to find out if there are other New Hollands that caught on fire without explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Email: jqsllc@yahoo.com
    Last edited by jqshaw01; 05-30-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Jim Shaw - KY
    Kubota L3400
    NH T5050
    Polaris Ranger 700

Tractor
    TC33D

Default Re: New Holland T5050 FIRE!!

Oh my, so sorry for your loss.

The first thing that comes to mind in that area of a tractor is electrical. Only a guess but could something have shorted out? Have you ever had problems with mice chewing wires or building nests?

Tractor
    NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800

I know that is certainly a hard loss of such a nice tractor and your other equipment,barn. I have not heard of any NH tractors catching on fire around here but I will let you know if I hear of any.

I did have mice trying to build a nest under the dash of my TD5030. I saw one run out of it. I parked the tractor elsewhere for a couple of weeks.
    Chris

Tractor
    JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super C

Jim ... sorry to hear this. I know nothing and can not do anything other than speculate ... odd that this happen. One may never know what started the fire.

Hope your insured.
    "When selling a lifetime ... don't sell it short"
    auctioneer@southernauctionco.com

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Quote Originally Posted by jqshaw01 View Post
    On Sunday after mowing a field for a few hours my T5050 4x4 Cab (08 Model) with less than 200 Hrs was parked in a machinery shed. About 10 minutes after parked there was an explosion and a fire ignited in the cab by the steering column. We were unable to contain the fire and it burnt down the shed and destroyed multiple other pieces of equipment.

Looking for any other examples that may give me some answers or guide me in the right direction on what could have caused this....or anyone that may be able to give me some advice or know of other examples to assist me to find out if there are other New Hollands that caught on fire without explanation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Email: jqsllc@yahoo.com
    Sorry for your misfortune.

Sometimes chaff builds up around parts of the tractor during mowing and if builds up on hot part it can smolder and catch fire hours later.