Mowing 617 disc mower

/ 617 disc mower #1  

tubby3

Tractor
John Deere Massey
Hope I am in the right place to post a question. My first time in.

I have a 617 disc mower that I need to replace the belt. I am having difficulty in discovering where or how to adjust the belt tension. Obviously I need to release the tension on the belt to remove it and replace with a new one.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciate. Thanks.

/ 617 disc mower #2  
Hope I am in the right place to post a question. My first time in.

I have a 617 disc mower that I need to replace the belt. I am having difficulty in discovering where or how to adjust the belt tension. Obviously I need to release the tension on the belt to remove it and replace with a new one.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciate. Thanks.

There is a eyebolt and a big spring and nut that is connected on the big pully it is right on the other side of the belt covers right near where the pto shaft hooks to the cutter

/ 617 disc mower
Thanks. I tried to loosen that but no luck. Maybe I need to try to move the "ear" that the bolt is hooked to or make sure the mower is resting on the ground level. Thanks again.

/ 617 disc mower #4  
Thanks. I tried to loosen that but no luck. Maybe I need to try to move the "ear" that the bolt is hooked to or make sure the mower is resting on the ground level. Thanks again.

You usually get some slack there and then probably walk the belts off and on the pullys 1 at a time. Ken Sweet

/ 617 disc mower
That's what I did not do. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

/ 617 disc mower #6  
That's what I did not do. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

it should be a power beilt on yhat cutter not four seperate belts

but yea try and move the ear the tie bolt is connected to if it wont move you need to free it up because on my 616 if the nut is backed off to the end of the threads the belt just falls on and off