Ford 532 Industrial Tractor Questions

/ Ford 532 Industrial Tractor Questions #1  

Bersaglieri

Tractor
Ford 532
I'm new, but was wondering if someone could help me with a few questions about a tractor I'm looking at buying.

It's marked as a Ford 532, a rather rare industrial tractor. The model number says DW112K. I'm not sure what the W is for, but it's a 3 cylinder diesel with the manual reverser 6 forward 4 reverse transmission. It's industrial yellow. I'm thinking it's got the 201ci diesel, but the motor may have been swapped out because only the motor is your typical ford blue. My main question is how can I tell if a 201ci diesel was swapped in or it's smaller cousin the 175ci motor? The numbers I've found on the motor are stamped in a group of three. DGC on top, 60B13 middle, and SF19A on the bottom. The "S" maybe a 5. These were found on the "passenger side" front flange of the motor where it bolts to the front axle.

Speaking of the front axle it doesn't seem to be the heavy "U" shape or the light "SU" style, but a different style all together that doesn't look adjustable width wise.

Thankfully it has PTO and 3 point system.

I'm attaching these pictures to see if it'll help identify

8225694049_large.jpg

8225694050_large.jpg

8225694052_large.jpg

8225694054_large.jpg

8225694051_large.jpg

What do you guys think? Anything you see that I don't? I've been looking for a decently price Ford 4000 and this seems to be the closest I'm going to get within driving range.

-Dustin-

/ Ford 532 Industrial Tractor Questions
It seems the 532's were only produced from 1975-1978, could anyone verify that?
Also where is a reliable place I could get a full shop manual for this tractor? I'm talking the ones with bible paper that show you everything.

-Dustin-

Found a tag on the motor, looks like a Ford direct reman, 201ci, 3.3L. I bought it, got a few issues here and there but functions well and starts right up. Has a leaky power steering fitting and some wiring chewed up by mice.

Any advice on where to get a shop manual? I see owners manuals on ebay, but I'm not sure how detailed they get. I'd like something that shows exploded views of all the motor internals, trans, etc.

-Dustin-

/ Ford 532 Industrial Tractor Questions #4  
I have owned a 532 for many years, does what I need. This one looks in good condition for the age of these tractors. Mine is a 1976 and like you I believe that these were only manufactured for a short time. I do not have a manual for this tractor but they are available online for sale. You did not say how much the cost of the tractor, but if everything is working than I'm sure a few fixes will not be a problem. just remember to keep the air filter clean and I would suggest you replace the oil and filter also the fuel filters and the normal maintenance. Good luck, Dale.

I have owned a 532 for many years, does what I need. This one looks in good condition for the age of these tractors. Mine is a 1976 and like you I believe that these were only manufactured for a short time. I do not have a manual for this tractor but they are available online for sale. You did not say how much the cost of the tractor, but if everything is working than I'm sure a few fixes will not be a problem. just remember to keep the air filter clean and I would suggest you replace the oil and filter also the fuel filters and the normal maintenance. Good luck, Dale.

I paid $3300. It's got thick 16.9x24 industrial tires, which seem to work very well for my needs. I changed the oil and filter, new wiring harness, and have been doing a little maintenance on it here and there. It'll be for sale soon, since I'm moving and have no need to keep it, probably ask what I've got in it. It's come in handy, got plenty of power and suited my needs well. Basically it's a 4600SU with a solid front axle. I've seen a few of these with buckets up front and it has heavier cast non-adjustable rear wheels. With the large blade I have it could use some front weights, but attaching one to this style front axle/support is difficult. Worked great for grading my road and property. The 6x4 trans works great for back and forth grading and utility work.

The manual I bought was for the 500 series industrial tractors from this era. I went with that because it covers the 6x4 trans which many Agricultural oriented manuals do not.

Thanks for the info Dale.