3-Point Hitch Ford 4610 doesn't work

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work #1  

awellc

Tractor
Ford 4610
I posted a thread headed "quick drop valve" but the issue is my 4610 TPH will not move. Do the hoses going to the loader have to be hooked up for the TPH to work. The pto works fine and I changed the hydraulic/diff filter. I have a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat that is labeled quick drop valve. I does not matter which way the valve is.
Thanks,
Ken

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work
Up date! I hooked up the loader hydraulics and the loader moved just fine. I assume that means the hydro pump is ok. It didn't make any difference on the three point hitch. Any Ideas on where to start looking for the problem?

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work #3  
You haven't explained how the loader is plumbed. No doubt that is your problem. If the loader is first in line for oil, the pressure return goes next to the 3 pt. When the loader is disconnected perhaps the oil supply is directed to sump instead of the lift?

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work #4  
I posted a thread headed "quick drop valve" but the issue is my 4610 TPH will not move. Do the hoses going to the loader have to be hooked up for the TPH to work. The pto works fine and I changed the hydraulic/diff filter. I have a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat that is labeled quick drop valve. I does not matter which way the valve is.
Thanks,
Ken

Is your loader hooked up to remotes or is plumbed separately? Is there a diverter valve under the seat? On my 4610, the loader is plumbed to the remotes. If I have a remote on, the three point will not lift because of a priority valve in the system. Once the remote is off, the three point will respond to lever commands.

I have a hydraulic manifold that i just installed and that wil allow m to plumb the loader through a seperate control valve freeing up the remotes.

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work #5  
do you have an asc valve on that machine.. I'm not familiar witht he 10 series.. too new for me.. most of my toys are x600 and down.. :)

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work
Is your loader hooked up to remotes or is plumbed separately? Is there a diverter valve under the seat? On my 4610, the loader is plumbed to the remotes. If I have a remote on, the three point will not lift because of a priority valve in the system. Once the remote is off, the three point will respond to lever commands.

I have a hydraulic manifold that i just installed and that wil allow m to plumb the loader through a seperate control valve freeing up the remotes.

Thanks for the reply Jerry. I'm new to tractor ownership so I may not have terminology straight. I have hoses coming from a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat but behind the trans that says "quick drop valve". Those are the hoses going to the loader. Would that be the remotes valve you are referring to?

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work
Sorry, I don't know what a asc valve is

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work #8  
Thanks for the reply Jerry. I'm new to tractor ownership so I may not have terminology straight. I have hoses coming from a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat but behind the trans that says "quick drop valve". Those are the hoses going to the loader. Would that be the remotes valve you are referring to?

quick drop is printed onthe side of your top cover remote very likely... fancy way to make a DA spool sa...

/ Ford 4610 doesn't work #9  
   / Ford 4610 doesn't work #10  
The "quick drop valve" is just a remote valve that allows you to open a screw on the front so you can run single-acting hydraulic cylinders without having to deadhead the hydraulic port that isn't being used. It sounds like that remote valve is powering your loader valve. In order to get the TPH to work, the remote has to be in the neutral (center) position for the pump's oil flow to get to the TPH instead of being diverted to the remote/loader valve. The valve should have a detent (locking) position when it is moved forward or backward. Try returning it to the center and see if it works. To use the loader, you'll have to push it back to where it was (probably the rear position).