Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Tractor
    Ford 4610

    Default Ford 4610 doesn't work

    I posted a thread headed "quick drop valve" but the issue is my 4610 TPH will not move. Do the hoses going to the loader have to be hooked up for the TPH to work. The pto works fine and I changed the hydraulic/diff filter. I have a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat that is labeled quick drop valve. I does not matter which way the valve is.
    Thanks,
    Ken

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Tractor
    Ford 4610

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    Up date! I hooked up the loader hydraulics and the loader moved just fine. I assume that means the hydro pump is ok. It didn't make any difference on the three point hitch. Any Ideas on where to start looking for the problem?

  3. #3
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    341
    Location
    Winchester Ky
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers ED 40

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    You haven't explained how the loader is plumbed. No doubt that is your problem. If the loader is first in line for oil, the pressure return goes next to the 3 pt. When the loader is disconnected perhaps the oil supply is directed to sump instead of the lift?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Jerry/MT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,059
    Location
    Western Montana
    Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by awellc View Post
    I posted a thread headed "quick drop valve" but the issue is my 4610 TPH will not move. Do the hoses going to the loader have to be hooked up for the TPH to work. The pto works fine and I changed the hydraulic/diff filter. I have a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat that is labeled quick drop valve. I does not matter which way the valve is.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    Is your loader hooked up to remotes or is plumbed separately? Is there a diverter valve under the seat? On my 4610, the loader is plumbed to the remotes. If I have a remote on, the three point will not lift because of a priority valve in the system. Once the remote is off, the three point will respond to lever commands.

    I have a hydraulic manifold that i just installed and that wil allow m to plumb the loader through a seperate control valve freeing up the remotes.

  5. #5
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,789
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    do you have an asc valve on that machine.. I'm not familiar witht he 10 series.. too new for me.. most of my toys are x600 and down..

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Tractor
    Ford 4610

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry/MT View Post
    Is your loader hooked up to remotes or is plumbed separately? Is there a diverter valve under the seat? On my 4610, the loader is plumbed to the remotes. If I have a remote on, the three point will not lift because of a priority valve in the system. Once the remote is off, the three point will respond to lever commands.

    I have a hydraulic manifold that i just installed and that wil allow m to plumb the loader through a seperate control valve freeing up the remotes.
    Thanks for the reply Jerry. I'm new to tractor ownership so I may not have terminology straight. I have hoses coming from a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat but behind the trans that says "quick drop valve". Those are the hoses going to the loader. Would that be the remotes valve you are referring to?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Tractor
    Ford 4610

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    Sorry, I don't know what a asc valve is

  8. #8
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,789
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by awellc View Post
    Thanks for the reply Jerry. I'm new to tractor ownership so I may not have terminology straight. I have hoses coming from a valve on top of the diff center in front of the seat but behind the trans that says "quick drop valve". Those are the hoses going to the loader. Would that be the remotes valve you are referring to?
    quick drop is printed onthe side of your top cover remote very likely... fancy way to make a DA spool sa...

  9. #9
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,789
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by awellc View Post
    Sorry, I don't know what a asc valve is
    auxilary service control.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ford 4610 doesn't work

    The "quick drop valve" is just a remote valve that allows you to open a screw on the front so you can run single-acting hydraulic cylinders without having to deadhead the hydraulic port that isn't being used. It sounds like that remote valve is powering your loader valve. In order to get the TPH to work, the remote has to be in the neutral (center) position for the pump's oil flow to get to the TPH instead of being diverted to the remote/loader valve. The valve should have a detent (locking) position when it is moved forward or backward. Try returning it to the center and see if it works. To use the loader, you'll have to push it back to where it was (probably the rear position).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody here have any experience w/ Ford SD 6.0 PSD?
    By Dargo in forum Trailers & Transportation
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 05:38 PM
  2. Hydraulic couplers Ford 4610
    By Jerry/MT in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 08:51 AM
  3. Ford 4610 with Equipment $8,250.00 Good Deal or Not
    By frankmako in forum New Holland Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
  4. Ford & IH finalize diesel divorce
    By Builder in forum Trailers & Transportation
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.