Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn

/ Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn #1  

twinsprings33

Tractor
NH TC33DA
I've got a TC33DA and the steering wheel spins infinitely while the front wheels will not turn. There is also a slight grinding noise in the console when you spin the steering wheel. This happens with or without the engine running.

There is no fluid loss or hydro issues I can find. Hydro works well on everything else.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/ Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn #2  
does this modle us a seperate hyd sump for the power steering.. or a priority valve from a main hyds compartment.

if seperate sump.. have you checked filter and sump level?

i'm not familiar witht hat machine.. but if an orbital valve.. many have pumping action to turn the wheel even when off.. generally if it don't happen it's out of oil..

did once see a hose come apart internally and plugged the hundreds of lil holes in the orbital valve.. took hous with a dental picka nd wire to clean that sucker out :(

/ Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn #3  
It sounds to me your steering wheel and at least part of the shaft/linkage through the column is turning, but the steering valve is not. Possibly a broken or disconnected toggle in the tilt portion of the steering column?

/ Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn
Thanks for the advice...so far taken the steering column off...steering column and orbital valve connection is working....the New Holland guy here thought it is either the piston or obrbital valve. I'm sure I'll take it all a part and have to call the service guy to put it back together....oh well, what a learning experience.

/ Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn #5  
easy to test the steering piston if you have a hand pump or remote... heck.. even an air line.. etc..

/ Steering Wheel Spins, Wheels Won't Turn #6  
I have the same problem with your tractor, steering spins freely even the engine is not running,
how the holland guy fixed your orbital steering, what went wrong?