Ford 1900

/ Ford 1900 #12  
Thanks for the information. I am ready to put the tractor back together. How do I get the splines to line up so I can slide the tractor together? I have tried to eyeball it but I'm have trouble get it together. It is a double clutch. I don't have an alignment tool. I can get the front and back of the tractor within about 2 inches but it won't slide together.

Thanks.
\

There is a plastic aligning tool that matches the spline for your clutch and fits like the input shaft in the pilot bearing hole. A lot of places put that in as part of clutch overhaul kit. If you don;t have it Google it for your tractor and I'm sure some Fleabay seller would have it for a nominal fee.once you have the clutch disk aligned then you would torque the flywheel bolts. I have heard people used a wooden dowel pin with success. you want the center of of the pilot bearing hole to line up with the center.

JC,

Below is a listing that shows the alignment tool but it pictures a single clutch. Are you sure you have a double clutch jobby?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-compact-tractor-model-1000-1900-clutch-kit-FS1014-/190332801686

/ Ford 1900 #13  
and if nothing else.. the tractor has an alignment tool... the input shaft.. :)

/ Ford 1900 #14  
yep, input shaft can be removed from the transmission housing to line up the disk. You'll need to put the input shaft in the same way you found it. Too much extra work in my opinion. Do you have a pic of your separated tractor and busted clutch? just curious:)

/ Ford 1900 #15  
only reason I mention it is i always repalce input shaft seal when doing a clutch.. so.. you got to work on it anyway.. :)

/ Ford 1900 #16  
only reason I mention it is i always repalce input shaft seal when doing a clutch.. so.. you got to work on it anyway.. :)

Good point. Do you normally change the seal even if you don't have any seepage. I look at the inside of my tranny and it is bone dry, nothing coming out from crankshaft or transmission input shaft seal. I still got 90% of oem clutch disk thickness left after 30 years... fancy that !! :):)

JC,

/ Ford 1900 #17  
Good point. Do you normally change the seal even if you don't have any seepage. I look at the inside of my tranny and it is bone dry, nothing coming out from crankshaft or transmission input shaft seal. I still got 90% of oem clutch disk thickness left after 30 years... fancy that !! :):)

JC,

30yr old seal might start weeping tomorrow, and a split is still a few hours of work. since the seal is cheap, I do it as cheap insurance. If I had to resplit a machine after a short period for some reason i wouldn't again re-do the seal.. but if it's been a while ( decade? ) since i split something.. id' seal it )

soundguy