Ford 1900

/ Ford 1900 #1  

Brmosh

Tractor
Ford 1900
Well I tried to get my clutch unstuck. Now I'm in the process of splitting it. I have the housing bolts off and everything off. I can't seem to get it broke apart. Is there any bolts that would still hold the flywheel and the clutch together? I don't want to pry to hard on the housing for fear it might break.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Brmosh

/ Ford 1900 #2  
Well I tried to get my clutch unstuck. Now I'm in the process of splitting it. I have the housing bolts off and everything off. I can't seem to get it broke apart. Is there any bolts that would still hold the flywheel and the clutch together? I don't want to pry to hard on the housing for fear it might break.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Brmosh

Are you saying that the pressure plate is stuck to flywheel after you removed all the bolts that attaches it to flywheel? other than two mating surfaces there should be nothing in between. do you have double or single clutch? I'd use some penetrating oil and spray all around where pressure plate
is mating the flywheel. No issue with getting oil on clutch plate as you will remove and clean off flywheel. I might use a bot of heat using heat gun and not open flame to see if that helps. I'll try to go around and pry using a block of wood so not to scuff up the flywheel or break a gear tooth. If you're replacing the pressure plate along with disk then damaging/ deforming the pressure plate is not an issue.

JC,

/ Ford 1900 #3  
I think you are saying that you can't split the tractor. Did you disconnect the Hyd lines down the right side? Will have to drain the Hyd fluid. What about the steering rod, starter?

Russell

/ Ford 1900
Is there bolts I need to take off on the flywheel to pull the tractor apart?

/ Ford 1900 #5  
Flywheel had nothing to to do with with engine tractor split. Do you even see the flywheel yet? is your question about splitting the tractor or stuck flywheel:confused::confused:

JC,

/ Ford 1900
I have it apart. It took alittle work but it's split. The clutch is rusted together. Do I need to have the flywheel worked on?

Thanks for all the help in the posting.

Brmosh

/ Ford 1900 #7  
I have it apart. It took alittle work but it's split. The clutch is rusted together. Do I need to have the flywheel worked on?

Thanks for all the help in the posting.

Brmosh

Do you have damage on the flywheel? scoring , scratches, grooves and such. You need to inspect it all after you took the pressure plate assembly off of the flywheel. I hope you do not need to machine the face of the front wheel. do you have single or double clutch jobby? do you have live pto?

Make sure to get new pilot bearing as well, along with new pressure plate disk and throw out bearing. I found some Fleabay source that had the replacement part pretty inexpensively.

JC,

/ Ford 1900
The face of the flywheel has rust on it. That's it. The clutch is a dual clutch. I will check the web site you refered to. Thanks

/ Ford 1900 #9  
Do you have a manual for the tractor? Do you have a double clutch? Dis-assemble the clutch from the pressure plate and flywheel. Inspect the metal surfaces for hotspots, uneven surfaces. Use 220 wet or dry sandpaper and a flat block to remove any rust. Measure the thickness of the clutch disk. Inspect and decide what to replace.

Post photos and we could help with that decision.

Russell

/ Ford 1900
Thanks for the information. I am ready to put the tractor back together. How do I get the splines to line up so I can slide the tractor together? I have tried to eyeball it but I'm have trouble get it together. It is a double clutch. I don't have an alignment tool. I can get the front and back of the tractor within about 2 inches but it won't slide together.

Thanks.